Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsupported formate with DVDfab copies only

Hello everyone,

Ok so heres my problem. For some reason when I try to make a copy of a blu-ray with DVDfab blu-ray to blu-ray as an ISO and then mount it with virtual cloan drive and the play it with PowerDVD9 I recive a unsupported formate disk in drive. But when I copy the same blu-ray movie with [other software] and play it the same way it works fine.

I would rather not use [other software] and use DVDfab because of the feature copy Blu-ray to DVD9(1080P) it save alot of space and it looks fine to me.

How ever this has just started to happen. I have copied a few other blu-ray movies the same way with no problem.

Pleae help I would hate to have to completly reload my OS

Thank you~
    Last edited by Complication; 04-26-2010, 07:11 PM. Reason: Remove non-allowed software references

There is a very simple solution. Instead of using other parties virtual drive, use DVDFab Virtual Drive. You can download it here:

Originally posted by mikecine View Post
    Hello everyone,

Ok so heres my problem. For some reason when I try to make a copy of a blu-ray with DVDfab blu-ray to blu-ray as an ISO and then mount it with virtual cloan drive and the play it with PowerDVD9 I recive a unsupported formate disk in drive. But when I copy the same blu-ray movie with [other software] and play it the same way it works fine.

I would rather not use [other software] and use DVDfab because of the feature copy Blu-ray to DVD9(1080P) it save alot of space and it looks fine to me.

How ever this has just started to happen. I have copied a few other blu-ray movies the same way with no problem.

Pleae help I would hate to have to completly reload my OS

Thank you~
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      There is a very simple solution. Instead of using other parties virtual drive, use DVDFab Virtual Drive. You can download it here:
      http://72.55.191.8/download/DVDFabVirtualDrive1109.exe
      Hello IPopov50 -

Thanks for the advice I had no idea that dvdfab even had a virtual drive.

I tried using dvdfab virtual drive and it still does the same thing powerdvd9 gives me the unsupported disc in drive K: I think I might need to do a restore point to the last Blu-ray movie that I copied. Unless you have any other ideas because I am sure out of them

Thank you,

Comment

try making a Bluray to Bluray BD50 iso so no compression to see if that will play. A little reminder that other program you mentioned does not compress

Comment

Drive K: ? DVDFab Virtual drive should go to M: by default, I think.
          Please describe all you steps one by one what exactly you do.

Originally posted by mikecine View Post
          Hello IPopov50 -

Thanks for the advice I had no idea that dvdfab even had a virtual drive.

I tried using dvdfab virtual drive and it still does the same thing powerdvd9 gives me the unsupported disc in drive K: I think I might need to do a restore point to the last Blu-ray movie that I copied. Unless you have any other ideas because I am sure out of them

Thank you,
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
            Drive K: ? DVDFab Virtual drive should go to M: by default, I think.
            Please describe all you steps one by one what exactly you do.
            My mistake I ment drive M: K: was with the other Virtual drive.

What I did was installed the DVDFab Virtual drive, open the software mounted the M: dirve to the iso that I had made. After that PowerDVD9 launched and it gave me the error.
            Last edited by mikecine; 04-27-2010, 05:45 AM.

Comment

What version of Fab are you using? Try a test with the latest beta 7.0.4.5!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

This probably isn't the same thing but when I did a Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray Main Movie copy compressed to DVD5 using Imgburn it produced a .iso and .mds file of the same name. If I mounted the .iso I recieved the unsupported format message from PowerDVD 8,9, and 10 with DVDFab VD and another other virtual drive program. The DVDFab VD wouldn't mount the .mds file so I used the other virtual drive program that supportes .mds and PowerDVD recognized it and played it fine. The .mds may not be visible with the default file setting so change to All Files when selecting a .iso to mount if it doesn't show up at first. I think this caused by Imgburn but am not sure.

Comment

is this the problem you are refferring to? If so, we are waiting for a fix, per "the
                  boss". this has been a while now. stu
                  AMD Phenom II X2 550 Callisto unlocked to 4 core Denab @ 3.8mhz, MSI 785GM-E65 M/B, 4 Gig Geil DDR3-1333, EVGA GTX-260 192 Core, Corsair 700 W power, LG-BHO8LS20, LG-GH22LS50, IHOS104 DRIVES, 750 WDC Caviar Green, Hitachi 500, 2 TB WDC Caviar Green, SATA HD Drives, ASUS Xonar Essence SXT Sound, 2 Samsung SYNC 2333'S, Windows Vista 32 Buisness Edition.

Comment

Working...
                  X