media not detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

media not detected

I am having the issue where dvdfab will not detect the blank blu-ray disk media after I attempted to copy a blu-ray. I have tried both Panasonic and Ridata BDR. The drive is an LG, model: HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L. Firmware Version YL05 (latest).

I forgot to mention I was using DVDFab 7.0.4.0. I just tried the beta 7.0.4.5 and I am getting the same problem.

Comment

What burning engine are you using? My guess - VSO. Try ImgBurn, you can learn how here:
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

actually just tried that one a few minutes ago. Same problem.

Comment

What is your OS?

Originally posted by jbebout View Post
          actually just tried that one a few minutes ago. Same problem.
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate.

Comment

OK. Let's try again. Please describe in greatest detail possible, step-by-step what are you doing.
              sigpic

Comment

After DVDfab decrypts the blu-ray to the hard drive (I set it to convert from BD50 to BD25 movie only) in preparation to copying to a blank blu-ray disk, it ejects the blu-ray movie and asks for a blank blu-ray recordable. I first tried a 25gb BDR from Ridata, after about a minute it ejects the disk saying it is not a recordable blu-ray media. I then tried a BDR from Panasonic, same thing. I then went through every blank Panasonic BDRs I had and it would not accept any of them. I just completed copying a DVD and had no problems whatsoever.

Comment

Here we go. Now we getting somewhere. You know, there is a difference between "dvdfab will not detect the blank blu-ray disk media" in your first post and "ejects the disk saying it is not a recordable blu-ray media" in your last post.
                  OK. you have your video on HDD ready to go. Try to close DVDFab and open just ImgBurn as a standalone program and try burn it as you would do it with any other content. If you have .iso, select "image to disc" option; if you have folder - select "folder/file to disc". See what would happen and post result.

Originally posted by jbebout View Post
                  After DVDfab decrypts the blu-ray to the hard drive (I set it to convert from BD50 to BD25 movie only) in preparation to copying to a blank blu-ray disk, it ejects the blu-ray movie and asks for a blank blu-ray recordable. I first tried a 25gb BDR from Ridata, after about a minute it ejects the disk saying it is not a recordable blu-ray media. I then tried a BDR from Panasonic, same thing. I then went through every blank Panasonic BDRs I had and it would not accept any of them. I just completed copying a DVD and had no problems whatsoever.
                  sigpic

Comment

For example, what folders would I want to burn onto the disk for a blu-ray movie?

Comment

Folder with that movie. When you converted your BD from 50 to 25, Fab created folder with the movie on your HDD. That folder should have title name on it, and inside of it you should see another folder - BDMV. So, folder with title name on it and BDMV inside, select from ImgBurn as source.
                      sigpic

Comment

It seems to be working. Why would it not work inside of DVDFab? Some sort of bug in the program? Even using ImgBurn as the default burn program inside DVDFab.

Comment

I'm glad it works for you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your help! Hopefully this problem will be fixed with later versions of DVDFab.

Comment

Working...
                            X