help with burning blue ray please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with burning blue ray please

I recently was able to burn avatar..no problem..

I just tried to burn couples retreat. My computer did all the encoding ect..then i put in a new blank blue ray disc..and it burned for all of about 10 seconds and said it was done..i tried again with a second disc and it did the same thing..when i put the disc in my movie player..it only has the menu screen on it..

Does anyone know what is causing this? Should i just try and re do the whole disc.. Is it because im using Verbatim BD-R LTH discs?

Any help would be appreciated..thanks..

Here we go - LTH. Well, first of all, you have to be more descriptive and show us sequence of events. What you are saying is a bit confusing. First you are saying that you did the encoding (I suppose compression) to HDD and then you tried to burn and got only menus. You shouldn't have any menus because compression possible only for main movie.
    Furthermore, assuming you burning your movie from HDD, what burning engine are you using? What burner do you have, when last time you updated firmware for you burner.
    You don't have to keep all this secret, please share it with us, don't be afraid.

Originally posted by jtravapd View Post
    I recently was able to burn avatar..no problem..

I just tried to burn couples retreat. My computer did all the encoding ect..then i put in a new blank blue ray disc..and it burned for all of about 10 seconds and said it was done..i tried again with a second disc and it did the same thing..when i put the disc in my movie player..it only has the menu screen on it..

Does anyone know what is causing this? Should i just try and re do the whole disc.. Is it because im using Verbatim BD-R LTH discs?

Any help would be appreciated..thanks..
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      Here we go - LTH. Well, first of all, you have to be more descriptive and show us sequence of events. What you are saying is a bit confusing. First you are saying that you did the encoding (I suppose compression) to HDD and then you tried to burn and got only menus.
      i quoted that part, because thats what i did so far. When i say i only got menu, I only got this main screen that the menus are usually on. for the movie couples retreat, its basically a jungle screen..its hard to explain without you actually seeing what im talking about.

I am using an external buffalo 8x blue ray burner..I dont have the exact model number right now because im not home..the firmware is current..i actually checked before posting for help on this site. I have been burning movies for a long time, been building computers even longer. this blue ray stuff just seems to never work correctly for me..lol..im using VSO to burn iwth the dvd fab software..i tried even burning the decoded files from dvd fab using windows 7 and got an error message doing it that way.i have two ideas of what the problem, might be. maybe you can either shoot them down or maybe it can be them. 1) Maybe dvdfab chose the wrong movie title when picking to copy just the main movie over to the hard drive?

Or there is a problem with the blank blue ray discs..I say this because i just recopied the movie to the hard drive and attempted to burn it again.. Now when its time to burn its saying the discs im using are not blue ray discs..lol. i should have just spent the extra money and used the normal discs i use. but the verbatim lth were cheap for blue ray discs. Now before i did this movie, i burned avatar and the movie "Knowing" with no problems and using these discs.. So could it be dvdfab is having a problem decoding the disc to the hard drive?
      Last edited by Complication; 04-29-2010, 02:11 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

Comment

have you tried playing the hard disk rip in a software player and see if the same thing is occurring?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

i just tried again using img burn...it wont even let me get to the point of burning..now it says disc is not a blue ray disc right in the begining...yet, i burned a blue ray movie about 4 hours ago using this burner, and a verbatim lth disc...ugh...talk about frustrating

Comment

well, restarted my computer, and started the movie all over again from scratch. Put it on my hard drive then to a blue ray disc..and it worked..3rd time worked...I also used imgburn this time instead of VSO.

Comment

Working...
            X