an issue after having tried burning avatar to a 25 GB bluray DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an issue after having tried burning avatar to a 25 GB bluray DVD

I have an issue after having tried burning avatar to a 25 GB bluray DVD. The program stops with about four or 5 minutes left to complete the burning process, and then a message is displayed saying that the burning process has failed… It then ejects the disk that it has attempted to burn which is playable. The only problem is that the last 15 to 20 minutes of the film were not recorded.
    I have set the compression ratio down to the 25 GB disk setting which I assume compresses the movie down from about 41 GB down to less than 25 so that the entire movie will fit on my 25 GB disk. But something happens that causes it not to finish.
    I did this twice and both disks came out with the same result, 15 to 20 minutes of the film not recorded.

Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks for responding and taking the time to read my post.

Lee
    I made the movie in main movie mode,the program used the vso burning engine on both attempts.

Also, once the program has finished reading the disc, there can be several streams of the same type that contain the movie… In avatar there are two of them… In other movies there may be more than that… I usually choose the one that is highlighted, is that the correct thing to do? Or are some of them put their as dummy streams that can cause you to burn an unplayable disc?
    Again, thank you for responding to my post.

lee
    I am not sure if you can do this or not because I do not have blu-ray but, I have seen this before with DVD's where Fab pics the wrong title.

Put the movie in your Blu-Ray player and as the movie is playing take note of what Title# it is, when you open Fab and it analyzes the disc make sure it is the same Title# that was playing as before and chose that number.

I would also suggest installing ImgBurn for your burns you will find it here with a tutorial and video on how to set it up with Fab

Also maybe a member that burns Blu-Ray could suggest a good writable size for your media.

Post back
    CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 04-28-2010, 10:53 PM. Reason: text
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
    X