Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD9 Quality

Hi
    I have not had much success backing up blurays to blurays !
    Can anybody tell me what kind of quality I could expect from from the DVD9 option. The films would have to be compressed from something like 24 to 32 Gb to just under 9Gb so wouldnt that result in a very poor quality film by comparision and how would it compare to a regular dual layer DVD, I dont see how it could be any better so why do it ?
    Regards
    bobt47
    DVDfab 7.0.4.0 - Imgburn 2.5.0.0 - PowerDVD8 Player
    Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
    Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

Ok, well you won't get BD quality but I been using Verbatim DL's , and they are excellent. I just finished Avatar , which is almost 40 gbs, so I split the movie into two discs and even tho it read that the quality was only 38% it looks GREAT ( about 90%+), I've backed-up about 20 different BD's which were about 20gbs on a single Verbatim DL and everyone of them, the quality was excellent, way better then regular dvd movie and they only cost $1.50 /ea . Some of the older movies that were upgraded to BD don't look as nice as the newer movies, not even on the actual BD itself.......Try it , judge for your self

Comment

I've only done one Blu-Ray to DVD5(District 9) and I can tell you I was suprised at how good it still looked. Obviously not full Blu-Ray quality and some artifacting but I can attest that the PQ looks no worse than the compressed HD signals I get from broadcasters on DISH HD.

Comment

Working...
      X