No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Im newbie at this. I wanted to try dvdfab b4 I bought it so I downloaded the latest beta version. I think its 7.0.4? anyways I selected the Movie Only and it copied the movie no problem..however, when i played the movie when the people were talking Pandoren the text would not show up. What did I do wrong?

Using Cyberlink DVD 8 and WinDVD 8

Is this a issue?

Thanks in advance

This seems to be a problem.
    If you do full disc the subtitles will be there but with movie only you have to select the English subtitles manually for them to show.

That of course means the English subtitles are always on.

My experience is with DVD only but I assume it holds true for bluray.

Comment

May I elaborate some more on this. First of all, I would suggest to update your DVDFab - it's 7.0.5.1 out there already.
      Second, after you select English, below that you should see "show only forced subpicture" or something like that - tick this option. This should give you only Pandoren translation.

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      This seems to be a problem.
      If you do full disc the subtitles will be there but with movie only you have to select the English subtitles manually for them to show.

That of course means the English subtitles are always on.

My experience is with DVD only but I assume it holds true for bluray.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have done exactly as you say and still no joy on the pandoran subtitles.

Is there any chance that the trial blocks subtitles? It watermarks HD quality video.

Comment

Originally posted by jnjr78 View Post
          I have done exactly as you say and still no joy on the pandoran subtitles.

Is there any chance that the trial blocks subtitles? It watermarks HD quality video.
          I am having the same problem also. No drop down menu for show only forced subpicture. I am not on a trial

Comment

Originally posted by gadget man View Post
            I am having the same problem also. No drop down menu for show only forced subpicture. I am not on a trial
            It's not a drop down...it's a tic box underneath the choose subtitle box. Thanks for posting...nice to know I'm not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by jnjr78 View Post
              It's not a drop down...it's a tic box underneath the choose subtitle box. Thanks for posting...nice to know I'm not alone.
              I must be going blind cannot see anything

Comment

This issue should be it's own sticky - "Forced subtitles don't display when using main movie option in BR2BR."
                I have the same issue with Avatar as well as 2012. I haven't tried with others that require forced subtitles, but presume it's a common issue.
                Would like to know from the Developers (Ting or Fengtao) if a resolution to this issue is in work, or if this will just be a limitation that Fab will always have?
                Having a main movie option (which I love, by the way) that does not allow for display of subtitles when alternate languages are being spoken is incomplete - especially for movies like Avatar, 2012 and others of the like.
                Thank you,
                Tom

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

Originally posted by tjkaz View Post
                  This issue should be it's own sticky - "Forced subtitles don't display when using main movie option in BR2BR."
                  I have the same issue with Avatar as well as 2012. I haven't tried with others that require forced subtitles, but presume it's a common issue.
                  Would like to know from the Developers (Ting or Fengtao) if a resolution to this issue is in work, or if this will just be a limitation that Fab will always have?
                  Having a main movie option (which I love, by the way) that does not allow for display of subtitles when alternate languages are being spoken is incomplete - especially for movies like Avatar, 2012 and others of the like.
                  Thank you,
                  Tom
                  Yes i agree. I give up now backed up Avatar a dozen times quicker to go out and buy the disc again.

Comment

Originally posted by tjkaz View Post
                    Thank you,
                    Tom
                    They don't appear for me...EVER. I'm trying to use Blu-ray to mobile and no joy at all...no matter what I do. Don't know if it matters but I've got the Australian Blu-ray of Avatar.

Comment

Having the same problem. Using version 7.0.5.1. and trying blu ray to mkv.

I have both english and forced subs ticked, but nothing shows up in the final encoding.

Has anyone managed to get this working properly (tried the blu ray of 2010 and that worked fin - Avatar seems to be the problem with FAB)

My version of Avatar is RED_BIRD_2D_WW it that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Designer_John View Post
                        Having the same problem. Using version 7.0.5.1. and trying blu ray to mkv.

I have both english and forced subs ticked, but nothing shows up in the final encoding.

Has anyone managed to get this working properly (tried the blu ray of 2010 and that worked fin - Avatar seems to be the problem with FAB)

My version of Avatar is RED_BIRD_2D_WW it that helps
                        You state in your post "...trying blu ray to mkv." If that's what you meant, then you're in the wrong sub-forum. You want BR to mobile.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

For all posters of this thread.... Just a reminder - in your experiments, when you selecting subs, make sure you set default flag as well, otherwise you would have to activate subs manually in player.
                          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                            For all posters of this thread.... Just a reminder - in your experiments, when you selecting subs, make sure you set default flag as well, otherwise you would have to activate subs manually in player.
                            Yea tried that but playing back from my xtreamer(media Player) still does not display. And on pc you still need to turn on subtitles.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget man View Post
                              And on pc you still need to turn on subtitles.
                              This means default flag wasn't set
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X