"Slow Speed / High Quality" REPORTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Slow Speed / High Quality" REPORTS?

I am very curious. Is it worth going the slow/high qual route?

Opinions of it?

What's your experience with this new setting?

Cheers!

me too? I would like to know?

Comment

This is what I just posted in another thread, but seem applies here too:

"2-pass is always good for high quality, because during first pass software "sniffing" the content, identifying "problem areas" and writing a script with a "game plan" how to fix it. And during second pass, software just running the script and processing video with fixes where needed. For HD video, for large screen, 2-pass is a must. "

Slow/High Quality: Slow, because 2-pass; High Quality, because (see above).
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

thanks, IPopov50.

quick question though, what you have posted (that quote) comes from where?

Is that what it is doing, 2 passes ? Or is this something that you are assuming? I couldn't tell from the post. Thanks!

Comment

hi,

2pass ? which will need more time to do the encode, in actually, we have support 2pass encode too, or we should open 2pass encode ability ?

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendit View Post
            thanks, IPopov50.

quick question though, what you have posted (that quote) comes from where?

Is that what it is doing, 2 passes ? Or is this something that you are assuming? I couldn't tell from the post. Thanks!
            This is my quote from another post. Yes, that's what I do for High Quality encoding for viewing on big screen TV, etc. For something like iPod or similar devices where you can barely see anything anyway, 1-pass just fine...
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
              hi,

2pass ? which will need more time to do the encode, in actually, we have support 2pass encode too, or we should open 2pass encode ability ?

thanks.
              Ting

Does the new Slow/High Quality encoding setting for Blu-ray to Blu-ray use 2 passes now?
              Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

This is a new option for DVDfab that was just added in the recent Beta if you want to know how it works or what it does then try it yourselves as that what everyone else is doing.

The 2 pass is for Mobile conversion and not Bluray to Bluray

Comment

Working...
                X