splitting main movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

splitting main movie

I have been using dvdfab to copy sd dvd's for quite some time and it works great. I would like to start copying bluray now and have a question. Can I split a movie using the main movie option onto 2 25gb discs. For instance a movie that is 40gb or so. With dvd to dvd it has a split function that you can choose the chapters you want to split. So if I want to rip chapters 1-10 to a folder on my hard drive that will take up 20gb of space, and then rip chapters 11-20 which will also take up 20gb, and then burn chapters 1-10 on one 25gb disc and then chapters 11-20 onto another 25gb disc. I really don't want to compress anything too much. I would like to preserve the original quality of the bluray movie as much as possible. Compressing 40gb of material onto a 25gb disc is really defeating the purpose of watching a bluray movie. If I were going to do this I might as well just watch the sd dvd of the movie.

Thanks in advance

NO Bluray does not have the split feature at the moment. Bluray is still farely new but the developers are adding new features to it as they are able to. Just keep watching the release notes for the new updates to see if it been added. Do not know if it will be added but I am sure they will add it when possible but no time frame or news so no need to ask if have any

Comment

Originally posted by jayt View Post
      I have been using dvdfab to copy sd dvd's for quite some time and it works great. I would like to start copying bluray now and have a question. Can I split a movie using the main movie option onto 2 25gb discs. For instance a movie that is 40gb or so. With dvd to dvd it has a split function that you can choose the chapters you want to split. So if I want to rip chapters 1-10 to a folder on my hard drive that will take up 20gb of space, and then rip chapters 11-20 which will also take up 20gb, and then burn chapters 1-10 on one 25gb disc and then chapters 11-20 onto another 25gb disc. I really don't want to compress anything too much. I would like to preserve the original quality of the bluray movie as much as possible. Compressing 40gb of material onto a 25gb disc is really defeating the purpose of watching a bluray movie. If I were going to do this I might as well just watch the sd dvd of the movie.

Thanks in advance
      You can split the main movie by clicking on Title Start/End Settings.

Comment

Working...
      X