Not happy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happy!

I just bought bluray to bluray, tried to backup Ratatouille and the program keeps closing. It gets to the 00005mts folder and then it craps out. I understand that certain movies have some issues but if this is going to be the way this software runs, I want my money back! Heres the log file if it makes any difference.
    DVDFab 7.0.4.0 (2010/05/01 17:08:54)

0m 00.40s: option dvd2dvd 0 dvd2mobile 0 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 07.69s: detected blu-ray
    0m 07.76s: drive E
    0m 07.76s: volume label RATATOUILLE
    0m 10.01s: root 8C9CCCE179F3C4A9_VOLUME_SET_ID:RATATOUILLE:RATATOU ILLE:RATATOUILLE
    0m 11.87s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
    0m 13.36s: got discinfo
    0m 13.75s: got bdmv
    0m 14.77s: got agid
    0m 14.85s: sent host cert chal
    0m 14.86s: got drive cert chal
    0m 14.92s: got drive key
    0m 14.92s: got host key signature
    0m 14.92s: verified drive signature
    0m 14.92s: verified host signature
    0m 14.99s: sent host signature and key point
    0m 14.99s: got bus key
    0m 15.63s: got volume id
    0m 15.63s: got volume id mac
    0m 15.63s: volume id is correct
    0m 15.63s: got vid
    0m 15.97s: got vuk
    0m 16.02s: got unit key 1
    0m 53.38s: got extended bdinfo

Did you send info files to development?
    Also you have a 30 day trial.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

You know very well that Fab gives you a free 30 day trial to try the software and because of this I would suggest that the chances of a refund are very slim.

Instead of the aggressive venting that you have posted, how about just asking for assistance?

That is what we VOLUNTEER members of this forum are here for.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The reason I did not try the free trial is because I have used the dvd to dvd program for ever and have never had a problem with it. I read the forum before buying and figured everything should work especially with a bluray movie that is this old (2007). I am sorry for venting my frustrations in this way. Am I doing something wrong. I selected movie only and selected the pcm audio track, it starts fine, but when it gets to that folder (00005m2ts) it shuts down.

Comment

jayt
          Try updating to the latest beta you will find it here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=5183 Instead of clicking run click save then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator.
          Give it a try and post back.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR929,
            I did what you said and it ripped the whole movie, but the structure was incorrect. When it was done it said 100%, but it did not eject the disc like it normally does. I can take the individual streams and put them into tsmuxer and it will probably work fine. Has anybody else had issues with this movie? Maybe I'm not selecting the right title?

Comment

Originally posted by jayt View Post
              CBR929,
              I did what you said and it ripped the whole movie, but the structure was incorrect. When it was done it said 100%, but it did not eject the disc like it normally does. I can take the individual streams and put them into tsmuxer and it will probably work fine. Has anybody else had issues with this movie? Maybe I'm not selecting the right title?
              What does this mean??? "but the structure was incorrect" Please elaborate on this some more.
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I ripped the movie only to my hard drive. When it got to 100% the program closed and then brought up that box with the customer info to send to production, or whatever. The movie seems to be complete but it doesn't have the certificate folder and some other folders associated with the movie. It only has the movie stream. Sorry I am not at my computer right now. The same thing happened with Avatar. I ripped the movie only and it closed the program but it appears the whole movie is on my hard drive. When I copied Transformers 2 it got to 100% and then ejected the disc and said process completed succesfully. I also tried to split Avatar using the title start/end tab but it never stoped half way through. It said 100% but just kept going. When I finally stopped it the file said 34gb which is way over half. That's probably a question for my other thread though.

Comment

Well, there are few issues here, and for sake of separation apples and oranges, I must agree with you on another thread idea. Please do it with all logs, info, etc.
                  In a meanwhile, since you have those movies "seems to be complete" on your HDD, and to avoid another rip process and all that, you open these files with tsMuxerGUI (google it if you don't have, download and install - it's free) and re-mux them into Blu-ray. All you have to do is open file with this application, enter destination directory, select Blu-ray option and click "mux". You will have Blu-ray structure.
                  sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Is it necessary to mux to bluray format, or can I just use m2ts. It should still burn onto a bluray disc or a sd dvd (if small enough) and play on stand alone bluray player correct?

Comment

Not necessarily.

A lot of players require that a Blu-Ray structure with all the subdirectories are present.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I would probably be more straight forward then GregiBoy and say no, it's incorrect. There's another option - mux it into AVCHD - most of the players these days able to play this format too. But why would you want to play just naked m2ts? What are you gaining? But you will lose "normal structure" of a movie: you will lose chapters, ability to fastforward and rewind.... Why?
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm still a little new to the whole bluray thing. I hope in the future bluray to bluray will be as easy as dvd to dvd as far as splitting movies and burning them without having to use 3rd party software.

Comment

Working...
                          X