geforce graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

geforce graphics card

i have a hp computer with windows vista and it has nvidia gefroce 6150 le do i need to upgrade the graphics card to burn blu-ray movies with dvdfab or is it just to play games and watch hd movies on the computer thanks

nVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE is a motherboard GPU, which is bare minimum, mainstream generic GPU. You can burn your Blu-ray movies with DVDFab without any problems, especially because your GPU has nothing to do with burning. I would rather concerned about BD burner.
    However, your GPU is NOT CUDA enabled, so GPU acceleration option in DVDFab isn't available for you - only software based processing. This means process of transcoding for you will be much slower than for others who have that option. In your case, CPU (your processor) takes burden of processing, and speed is solely depends on speed of your processor.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

if i upgrade the graphics card with geforce 8400 gs would this help my computer

Comment

My blu-ray burner is a lg ggw-h2ol bd-r/re sl/25gb&dl/50gb with 6x bd writeing speed.

Comment

Yes, it will.

According to nVIDIA here http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_gpus.html
          GeForce 8400 GS is CUDA enabled.
          Besides they saying this:

"Awesome features at an incredible value - NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400 graphics processors deliver. Essential for watching HD DVD and Blu-ray movies on a PC, accelerating the Microsoft® Windows Vista™ experience, and powering Microsoft® DirectX® 9 and DirectX 10 games."

Originally posted by royandannette View Post
          if i upgrade the graphics card with geforce 8400 gs would this help my computer
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Your burner is fine as well, just keep it up to date and use quality media.

My blu-ray burner is a lg ggw-h2ol bd-r/re sl/25gb&dl/50gb with 6x bd writeing speed.
            sigpic

Comment

So what i want to know is the graphics card just for watching hd movies and playing games on the computer or will it help burn blu-ray movies faster i dont watch movies or play game on the computer thanks.

Comment

Lets try again.
                Your video card wouldn't affect burning BD at all. Videocard isn't participating in BD burn process.
                However, if your card is CUDA enabled, it will help to do encoding/decoding process faster.

So what i want to know is the graphics card just for watching hd movies and playing games on the computer or will it help burn blu-ray movies faster i dont watch movies or play game on the computer thanks.
                sigpic

Comment

i need help to download imgburn thanks.

Comment

give this link below a read and it as well has ImgBurn link for download

Comment

im having trouble with downloading imgburn can i get a little help to what site to go to thank you.

Comment

im having trouble with downloading imgburn can i get a little help to what site to go to thank you.
                        Read what is posted first as Post #10 I gave link that has download. Otherwise you can use google to get it

Comment

i need help with how to setup the audio in dvdfab thanks.

Comment

i need help with how to setup the audio in dvdfab thanks.
                            C'mon royandannette, you can do better than this ^^
                            What are you asking for? Can you be more descriptive and specific?
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X