Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crashes on EVERY BD Disk I try, EVERY TIME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashes on EVERY BD Disk I try, EVERY TIME!

OS: Windows Vista Ultimate 64. Just as a general comment, the last 5 Betas have failed with progressively more and more issues for me, culminating in this latest version, which now simply crashes with a "Send failure report" request, every single time. I haven't been able to reliably backup a disk for months now. IF there is anything I can do to improve this dismal situation, please let me know.

I've included all the key files in the attachment...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eggehad; 05-04-2010, 05:27 AM. Reason: Added Text for clarification

Do you have antivirus running? Is DVDFab listed in exemptions?

- <error>
    <what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what>
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Antivirus Running?

Yes, I'm currently running Symantec AntiVirus 64-Bit Edition,
      v 10.2.3, I don't see anywhere where I can enable/disable anything to do with DVD-Fab (auto-protect is normally on).

However, I just disabled it completely, then tried to backup a disk, and duplicated the same error again.

...DVDFab 7 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience....

Comment

Try right clicking the DVDfab desktop icon and select run as administrator to see if that will work for you

Comment

Would like to add i am having the exact same problem with the latest beta, the movie rips till 100% then it appears to be crashing on creating the folder structure IE the certificate folder and all other folders that would be contained inside the BDMW folder

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue - rips to 100% then crashes.

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, NO ANTIVIRUS, No Windows Defender, No firewall.

When back to the previous 7045 version and it works fine.

Comment

Dear all,

Please try DVDFab 7052beta to see the result:

Best Regards,
              Fengtao
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

STILL CRASHING.... I'm sorry to say

1. I tried running as Administrator -> crashed
                2. I downloaded and installed 7.0.5.2 -> crashed
                3. I ran 7.0.5.2 as Administrator -> crashed...

I'm sort of noticing a theme here... I'll attach the latest files-
                hopefully they help.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm having same issue. 1st installed demo DVD Ripper (version 8). I have Win 7 Professional. No matter what DVD I choose, It fails within one minute with error message "DVDFab 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close." After purchasing the combe DVD Copy & DVD Ripper, I get same error message. Is the any solution from DVDFab or a planned Firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by MarvC View Post
                    I'm having same issue. 1st installed demo DVD Ripper (version 8). I have Win 7 Professional. No matter what DVD I choose, It fails within one minute with error message "DVDFab 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close." After purchasing the combe DVD Copy & DVD Ripper, I get same error message. Is the any solution from DVDFab or a planned Firmware.
                    MarvC,
                    You do NOT have same issue, You do NOThave same error, You even running different version of DVDFab with different engine and different features... If you want proper attention to your problem, I would suggest to do following:
                    a) start your own, new thread
                    b) in that thread provide full detailed information ( guidelines are here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16 )
                    This will allow us to properly troubleshoot your issue and provide effective assistance.
                    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                    X