Taking 20 hours to copy a movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking 20 hours to copy a movie

I have been trying to back up my Blu-Ray's and I've been constantly having this problem

21:21:41 Copy process Started
    21:21:41 Source(00428.m2ts)
    21:21:41 DXVA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled

I got a 6x blu ray reader and I takes me 18 to 21 hours to make the back up, then it does not work after that. I tried backing up the movies: NINE, Avatar, Doctor Panassus, & The Last Emperor.

All took about 20 hours and in the end didn't allow me to record or write back to my 25GB blank blu-ray

read sticky " help us help you "
    Windows 7 64bit ultimate
    CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
    GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
    HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
    PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Originally posted by camaroling View Post

All took about 20 hours and in the end didn't allow me to record or write back to my 25GB blank blu-ray
      You may want to try to reset DMA. It's in General settings
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

thats whats happening to me to. DVDfab opens the blu-ray which doesnt take long at all. I then tell it it save to the IDE HDD, then I will burn to the LG SATA burner. IPopov50 do you think reseting the DMA will actually do anything for me? I know doesnt hurt to try right? But could it be because I have the SATA cable in the wrong plug like 3 instead of the first one? Or could it be the fact that the Blu-ray burner is reading to fast and the HDD cant keep up? I have tried the new beta and even went down a couple of betas / versions. Forgot to mention I'm only copying main movie.

I didn't have this issue with my external SATA to USB 2.0 burner it only took 2 hours to rip and backup(burn) and that was on a slower computer with less ram and not an HD video card.

Camaroling I'm not trying to hijack your post sorry if it seems that way but I figured since we both have the same issues (accept I havent tried burning the movie) I should post here with you. I also thought maybe some of my ideas might be possible issues for you too.

Computer Specs.
        AMD Athlon II 64 3700+
        1.5gb memory
        ATI HD2400 XT
        160gb Secondary master IDE
        Lite-on DVD Rom IDE
        LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray SATA
        Last edited by unknownbluray; 05-05-2010, 12:56 PM.
        Lancool K-56 case.
        OCZ 700watt PSU.
        MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
        AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
        ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
        16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
        OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
        WD 2TB.
        EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
        LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Originally posted by unknownbluray View Post
          thats whats happening to me to. DVDfab opens the blu-ray which doesnt take long at all. I then tell it it save to the IDE HDD, then I will burn to the LG SATA burner. IPopov50 do you think reseting the DMA will actually do anything for me? I know doesnt hurt to try right? But could it be because I have the SATA cable in the wrong plug like 3 instead of the first one? Or could it be the fact that the Blu-ray burner is reading to fast and the HDD cant keep up? I have tried the new beta and even went down a couple of betas / versions. Forgot to mention I'm only copying main movie.
          unknownbluray,
          I don't think resetting DMA in your case will make much of a difference, but wouldn't hut either.
          However, what you have in your machine is mix-match of devices with extensive data flow between them. And it's not that transfer speed is important at that point, but data stream management - controller particularly. In configuration like yours, controller becoming bottleneck and sensitive issue. Keeping controller's driver updated becoming critical. What interesting is that most of the users/members of this forum proposing driver/firmware update for drives and other devices, but forgetting little thing - update (or at least check for update) controller. And every time when you updating device, disparity between device and controller is growing.
          I don't think the fact that your SATA device hooked up to channel 3 instead of 1 makes heck of a difference.
          To make story short, I would recommend to have all devices participating in process and controllers updated (and/or flashed if needed).
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Ipopov50 I checked my drivers for this motherboard and all seem to be up to snuff. I'm thinking they gave up, updating this board and let Microshaft do all the dirty work. I wonder if upgrading to Vista would do anything ?I'm runnin on Win Xp 64 SP3 or just get HDD SATA and see if does anything.
            Lancool K-56 case.
            OCZ 700watt PSU.
            MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
            OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
            WD 2TB.
            EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
            LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

There is no x64 SP3 for XP.
              That time is the compression which takes time, not the copy itself.
              人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
              Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                There is no x64 SP3 for XP.
                That time is the compression which takes time, not the copy itself.
                Your right about the SP3 sorry I meant SP2.. And the compression time takes that long. it never took that long going from external BD-R drive to a laptop with less power.

Ok this is during the Copy process It gets to .99 mbps Percent 0.50% and get down to 7 hrs 35 min 00 sec then the time rises to 20 or so hrs, the mps go down .50 to .66 and the percent gets to 62% and hangs there for awhile then goes up ever so slowly.
                Last edited by unknownbluray; 05-05-2010, 07:24 PM.
                Lancool K-56 case.
                OCZ 700watt PSU.
                MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                WD 2TB.
                EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

having same problem.all my stuff is up to date including firmware . can burn blu-ray with other software but have to burn whole disk but have to use dvd 9 disk . i was looking for a program i could use just to burn main movie so i thought this was it,but i can not spend 20 hours doing so . using other software i can do a complete image of 35 gigs in about an hour and a half depending on the movie . i just can't spend that much on 50 gig disk.if anyone can help please do so .i think this software is a great concept but not at 20 hours.thanks

Comment

rdh120, it depends on your PCs speed.
                    On mine it only takes 2 hours to compress a 45 GB movie.
                    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by rdh120 View Post
                      having same problem.all my stuff is up to date including firmware . can burn blu-ray with other software but have to burn whole disk but have to use dvd 9 disk . i was looking for a program i could use just to burn main movie so i thought this was it,but i can not spend 20 hours doing so . using other software i can do a complete image of 35 gigs in about an hour and a half depending on the movie . i just can't spend that much on 50 gig disk.if anyone can help please do so .i think this software is a great concept but not at 20 hours.thanks
                      You should of post configuration for your machine... I don't know what you have, but on my machine (which is not best and fastest in a world, but more or less average) BD to BD9 takes 3 - 3.5 hrs.
                      sigpic

Comment

xp,64x2 dual core processor 3800+ 2 gigs ram

Comment

I decided to go out and get a 500gb SATA hdd will be installing tonight hoping to get everthing up and going so I can do some backing up tonight. I will have this HDD as my OS and other junk I know lame Idea but I could afford 2 500gbs like I wanted. Maybe there wont be any backstabbing between the IDE and SATA lol.

I still dont get how a not even a gig processor AMD mobile 64, 512gb memory non HD laptop can burn a blu-ray in 2 hrs and my custom build AMD 64X2 2.5ghz 1.5gb memory with HD video card can take 20hrs plu

Could too man Occoffins I think they are called make issues happen? I just deleted dvdfab and reinstalled it. But when I uninstalled dvdfab Pccoffin took forever like I had 5 versions of it on my computer.
                          Last edited by unknownbluray; 05-06-2010, 03:09 AM.
                          Lancool K-56 case.
                          OCZ 700watt PSU.
                          MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                          OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                          WD 2TB.
                          EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                          LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

OK I know I'm double posting in a forum subect but its driving me crackers.

So here the low down maybe its my computer set up

Abit Motherboard KN8-Ultra Socket 939 AMD Up to date flashed BIOs.
                            AMD 64 X2 3700+ 2.7 or was it 2.9ghz
                            1.5gb of ram
                            SATA Western Digital 500gb HDD with 460gbs open set as Master HDD
                            SATA LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray reader/burner
                            ATI 2400XT HD graphics card with most recent Catalyst
                            ATI TV wonder card.
                            Windows XP Home <-- thinks this could be the problem does it like 64 bit cpu's?

The laptops OS is Win XP Media Center it is actually says for 64 bit systems.

This issue happens with every Blu-ray I own. My only option is to see if my external SATA to USB card fits my drive and see if the Laptop can run it.

Does anyone see a problem with this and has anyone had success in this post that has had the same issues.
                            Last edited by unknownbluray; 05-06-2010, 04:26 PM.
                            Lancool K-56 case.
                            OCZ 700watt PSU.
                            MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                            OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                            WD 2TB.
                            EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                            LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Originally posted by unknownbluray View Post
                              I still dont get how a not even a gig processor AMD mobile 64, 512gb memory non HD laptop can burn a blu-ray in 2 hrs and my custom build AMD 64X2 2.5ghz 1.5gb memory with HD video card can take 20hrs plu
                              You say your laptop can burn the blu-ray in 2 hours.. Are you talking just burning it, or are you talking putting in an original, copying it to HDD, then burning it?

Because I highly doubt that laptop can rip and burn a blu-ray in 2 hours. If you mean a DVD.. well - then you aren't comparing apples to apples.

I would do a few tests if you can to see if things are functioning..
                              Take a non-encrypted Blu-ray, and see what speeds you get for copying a file or 2 from the blu-ray to your HD. Your RAM is aweful low.. but I don't know how important that is for these tasks..

Comment

Working...
                              X