This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu ray DV9 to ISO

I made a DV9 copy of Avatar createing a file as an output. I then created an ISO image of that file with IMG burn. When I try to play the ISO image through my Virtual Drive, I get "unsupported format".

Does DvdFab Bluray not support the IMG burn process??

Confused here!

Don't know if this will help, but when I did a District 9 to BD5 it created a .mds file with the .iso. When I mounted the .iso I got the same message as you from PowerDVD 10. DVDFab Virtual drive doesn't support .mds files so I used Daemon Tools Lite to mount the.mds file and the movie loaded right up and played fine. Don't know if this is the same thing, but it couldn't hurt to look and see if you have a .mds file also.

Comment

BD9 has compatibility problems between different players depending on how it is authored. Is it the virtual drive software that is rejecting the ISO or the playback software?

Comment

The ISO image mounts to the Virtual Dr. just fine, but the player is rejecting something, I assume it's rejecting the format of the file. The message I get on the player is "Unsupported format". This player will play other ISO images.

When I create the ISO image off of the DV9 file, it contains three entries, the ISO file, a MDS file, and a small file (4.00 kb) with a .dvd extension.

Comment

What software you have created BD9 with??
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

BD9 for BD players is unfortunately a different format from BD9 for many software players. What player are you trying to use?

Comment

Setup
              Blu-ray to Bluray
              AVCHD (BD5/BD9) compatibility settings

check "Create software player friendly..."

Comment

I'm using HP Mediasmart DVD. The player works with other ISO images created after using [other software].

Gearnet, what do you mean with the following:

Setup
                Blu-ray to Bluray
                AVCHD (BD5/BD9) compatibility settings

check "Create software player friendly..."

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm not following????
                Last edited by Complication; 05-09-2010, 02:33 PM. Reason: Removed software reference

Comment

denret,
                  you processing your content with some software, that's not DVDFab, you burning it with ImgBurn.....
                  What do you want from this forum? It's DVDFab forum.
                  sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

You verified that a.mds file was created. Did you try mounting the .mds file as I suggested? If your using DVDFab Virtual Drive it won't recognize it as a valid format for DVDFab VD. You have to use a program that supports .mds files such as Daemon Tools Lite. At least try it and if it does you no good you can always post back with your results. If you won't try it I don't know what to tell you. The fact that you do have a .mds file makes me think it the same thing I had when I did District 9. The .iso will mount fine but you will recieve a "media not supported" or recognized error from your media player. Serioulsy it can't hurt to try and if it's the same .iso+.mds I ran into, this will work for you. If you use ImgBurn to burn it to disc choose the .mds file when burning a image. This worked for me and I was able to burn District 9 to a DVD 5 and it played just fine in 3 different players.
                    Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 05-09-2010, 01:22 AM.

Comment

1. In Settings "Blu-ray to Blu-ray", choose "player friendly" AVCHD.

2. Use DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount the ISO, then player will play it.

DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I have had myself some issue with the bd9. The way I fixed it is running the iso back though dvdfab with iso ext for the output and it fixed my problem most of the time. Note since its already compressed no need to compress it again. You can see real easy if its something to do with the files system or what ever. Try to play the m2ts file in the stream folder individually from your iso in you powerdvd or tmt3. If your just trying to play it and the virtual drive is not accepting if you have total media theater 3 you can just play from the index file in the bdmv folder. If it continues not to play you know there are more issues then just with the mounting. I also can say that powerdvd 7 has alot of issue avchd even from my camera. I have not tried powerdvd 8 or 9 yet so. Total media theater 3 works really good for me. Anyways good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Had to take care of other things.

Yes, I am going to try your suggestion.....will post results.

Comment

Originally posted by directeeccks View Post
                            I have had myself some issue with the bd9. The way I fixed it is running the iso back though dvdfab with iso ext for the output and it fixed my problem most of the time. Note since its already compressed no need to compress it again. You can see real easy if its something to do with the files system or what ever. Try to play the m2ts file in the stream folder individually from your iso in you powerdvd or tmt3. If your just trying to play it and the virtual drive is not accepting if you have total media theater 3 you can just play from the index file in the bdmv folder. If it continues not to play you know there are more issues then just with the mounting. I also can say that powerdvd 7 has alot of issue avchd even from my camera. I have not tried powerdvd 8 or 9 yet so. Total media theater 3 works really good for me. Anyways good luck.
                            Thanks for the good feedback. I'm going to try your method. It's actually more than just an issue with playing the ISO through a Virtual.

I went through one entire process with Dvdfab 7 where I selected DV9 and set to burn after the processing. It went through everything just fine (14+hrs) and then prompted for the burn, and burned successfully.

The created disk was also unreadable due the same "format" problem.

Right now I'm running a BD25 process to see what kind of results I get.....trying to find out if it's a systemic problem with DvdFab or just the DV9 selection piece. I'll let you know the results.

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                              1. In Settings "Blu-ray to Blu-ray", choose "player friendly" AVCHD.

2. Use DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount the ISO, then player will play it.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm
                              Thanks for the feedback Fengtao, but I cannot find that option for the life of me. I've been all through the common settings....can't find. I'm also still struggling with sound.....I keep getting voice over or no sound when I experiment with the sound options. Really struggling......

Comment

Working...
                              X