Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu-ray to Blu-ray Movie Only - Where Are The Subtitles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray to Blu-ray Movie Only - Where Are The Subtitles?

Where are the subtitles stored? Is it embedded in the .m2ts? Or is there a file somewhere??

If you selected subpicture track, please proceed to "Edit". where in a new window, in subpicture section, you can select from drop-down either render (not embed!!!!) them into movie or extract as separate file.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Please proceed to "Edit"? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightWatcher View Post
        Please proceed to "Edit"? Where?
        oops, my bad, you right, you are in "BR to BR", main movie.
        In this case, if you made a selection for Subpicture (it's subtitles) - you will have it in your output container and you should be able to turn it on and off from your player settings. If you set a "default flag" you will have them on at the start of the movie, and you have to turn them off when you don't need them. To set a "default flag", you should click just left of check box for that track, and you will see little blue triangle - that's indicator of a default set.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Subtitles (subpicture) are embeded in the video stream for both Blu-Ray and DVD's.

As IPopov suggests, you have to make sure that the correct subpicture is selected.

Forced subtitles can be held separately, incorporated into a language stream or sometimes even rendered in the title.

This is entirely dependant upon the authoring studio.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy is correct.

Im just wondering though. I feel your next question is how come you cant see them or somthing along those lines. So.....
            What exactly are you trying to do with the subtitles? Are you trying to get a player on you computer to recognize that the subs are there? Depending on what exactly you are trying to do I can point you into the right direction when it comes to subs and how to make them show up or be recognized by various players on pc and set top boxes. I pretty much require subs so I have pretty much tried everthing.
            Get back us with some more details on what you are trying to get the subs to do.

Comment

I am converting the .m2ts to .mkv and want to embed the subtitles into the .mkv (or be able to burn in foreign portions, such as Pandoran during Avatar).

Comment

You really should be using Blu-Ray to Mobile to do this, not File to Mobile as quite a lot of the information that is required is held externally from the video streams in the Blu-Ray structure.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Well in order to embed subtitles to the mkv your will need mkv merge and dvdfab blu to mobile. Dvd fab blu to mobile can extract the sub/idx file from your back up as well turn it into a mkv. Note aswell if you dont want to compress the video Fab has a passthrough option for the mkv and only takes like 10 minutes or so to do depending on the size. Fab can also render the subtitles over the video.(hardsubs) I dont really care to much for hard subs though. Now the mkv container does not like .sub files so you will have to take the extract .sub or .idx from fab and remux them to a .sup file.Just google sub to sup and there are a mess of programs and info on this. The sup file then can be muxed back into the mkv provided by dvd fab using mkvmerge. That should give you what you need. But depending on what your playing it back on merging the files may prove to be no help vs having the .sub external. So one more question for you. What are you using to playback your video?

Hope this helps.
                  Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X