DVD Fab locking up internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab locking up internet?

I wanted to check out DVDFab to see about blu ray conversion. My problem is that when DVD Fab first loads up and it starts analyzing the disc, after awhile it pops up and tells me that DVDfab requires the internet to work, and to see if my firewall is blocking the internet.

Well, nothing seems to work, even turning off the firewall completely. Here is the real kicker though. The internet completely stops working once I load up DVD Fab. I have to do a full restart of my pc to gain access to the net again. Everything works fine up until the point I get the message the internet is needed!?

Using beta 7053, Windows 7 home 64bit. 4gig ram, 3ghz core 2 duo.

The problem could be that I use an Alltel Aircard for my internet as I live too far away to get cable or dsl. Any ideas???

Hmmm I think it has to do with your internet connection. If DVDfab doesnt get the decrypter from the internet it cant of course open the disc. As for creating the internet connection problem your probably getting large batchs of data and that makes your computer jam up.
    Lancool K-56 case.
    OCZ 700watt PSU.
    MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
    AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
    ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
    16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
    OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
    WD 2TB.
    EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
    LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Yeah, Fab needs to get the BD+ keys and other stuff thru the internet connection.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I guess this is a mobile(USB) unit. Had a similar problem with my 3G mobile Broadband. The fix is to open DVDfab and click on the green tick, go down to the DVD/Bluray/Read and select ASPI in your I/O Mode box. Instead of Auto or SPTI..
        DVDFAB apparently see these things as a Drive....
        Worked for me...
        Last edited by Topdog; 05-11-2010, 03:11 AM.

Comment

It still doesn't make sense that my internet works just fine prior to loading up DVDFab. Every other program works just fine, it has to be a conflict between DVD Fab and my alltel software or modem. I guess it looks like i'll have to find some other DVD/Blu ray copy program. It's a pity as I really liked DVDfab's feature set and interface. Maybe i'll shoot tech support an e-mail in hopes of figuring it out.

Comment

That's what mine would do.. If I was on the internet using my mobile BB USB stick and then opened DVDFab it would drop the BB connection and try to connect via my dial up...Do what I suggested and see what happens...
            This forum is where I got the info on what the problem was and how to fix it....

Comment

I wouldn't mind betting that you are having the problem because your computer is recognising your modem as a drive.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

That' s what I said, now he has to try the solution offered.....

Comment

I tried it, but now DVD Fab won't even load up. As soon as it comes up it says DVD Fab has stopped working..windows is checking for a solution. I will try to reinstall and see if i can get it going.

Comment

prezken
                    When installing Fab instead of clicking run click save then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator
                    Give it a try and post back.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by prezken View Post
                      I tried it, but now DVD Fab won't even load up. As soon as it comes up it says DVD Fab has stopped working..windows is checking for a solution. I will try to reinstall and see if i can get it going.
                      Yes ASPI seems to not work on Windows 7 well it did not work for me when I tested it on Windows 7 Ultimate

Comment

Hello! I had the very same problem of my Sprint 3/4G usb modem where the internet connection would die whenever DVDFab started with Win7 64 bit and also on my Vista 32 bit. I went to the DVD/Bluray/Read and select ASPI as TopDog stated and it both DVDFab and the Sprint USB modem works together now; yet the internet is very slow and glitches, but at least I can copy blurays again. Emailed tech support and they wanted the DVDFab logs files, reply was to wait for the next full version???? v8.0?
                        Last edited by ZIRTX; 05-12-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Just a thought on this.
                          I seem to remember that there was a difference with the STPI/ASPI thing with Windows 7(and what doesn't have issues with W 7?) and only applied to XP & Vista. Can't find my notes on it but I think you will find it with a search through these forums...Look under Internet problems or similar. Anyone able to confirm it?
                          If this is the case maybe the DVD fab author could look at having something in the program which will allow the user to only include valid DVD/BD drives when Fab is looking for devices and exclude non valid ones, such as USB modems which present themselves as CD-ROMs?..
                          I am sure there are lots of users out there who are having the same problem...

Comment

i have the same problem on windows 7 64bit, dvdfab crashes when i select ASPI mode.
                            when i select auto, dvdfab disconnect my internet connection

is there a solution for this problem, because i am not alone with this issue and he is still noit fixed !!!
                            prope88

Comment

I too was having trouble with internet connection dropping out when activating dvd fab. I am running a network and the issue arises between the computer and network thus interupting internet feed. Followed the instructions of topdog. Internet dropped out even whilst doing this. However have done the changes and reopened dvdfab and all seems good. Will let you know if the problem still persists as I will still need a solution but so far so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X