This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.0.5.3b Backup of Star Trek Episodes Disk not working

I have tried several times to backup Star Trek the Original Series, season 1 disk 1. the back up succeeds but when I burn it to a blu ray disk it doesn't work. I have tried using the vso engine with folders and with an ISO, I have tried with nero using an iso. I have tried a direct copy using imgburn and an Iso using imgburn.

the backup on my computer doesn't work properly. the menu doesn't come up completely for the first several tries, the last attempt, the menu comes up correctly however, when I click on any of the links to play one of the episodes, the disk stops reading. when I try to play from my panasonic bluray player, I am told the disk(s) cannot be read.

Help please.
    Last edited by pilot57; 05-11-2010, 07:15 PM.

Version 7.0.5.5 was released this morning you might give it a try along with posting a log of the version you are using now.

Comment

star trek disk 1

I have tried with version 7.5.5.b. I do get further. I can view 3 of the 4 episodes on the disk. however, the 3rd episode causes powerdvd to stop.
      I have backuped up the disk this time using CUDA for encode and decode. I backed it up to a folder structure on my HDD. then used imgburn to create an ISO.
      I then used the dvdfab virtual drive to access the iso. I am attaching all logs that were created.

Comment

forgot to attach log

here are the logs from tonights attempt
        Attached Files

Comment

Try turning off the CUDA GPU accelleration.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I will try tonight and let you know

Comment

7.0.5.5b attempt

I have tried the following:
              full copy (bd50) to folders, then imgburn to iso
              mount iso , works perfectly.

i tried full disk bd50->bd25 to folders with dvxaselected as encode/decode.

imgburn to iso, powerdvd tells me that the disk is not a valid disk and cannot be played.

i then tried full disk bd50->bd25 to folders with software selected as encode/decode.
              when I click start I get the messagfe "There is no need to copy full disc between folders without compress" even though I have selected the bd50->bd25 1080p option.
              backup/compress runs without errors. I then use imgburn to create the iso, then mount iso, when trying to watch disk, the first, second and fourth episode works perfectly, but the third episode and any extras causes the powerdvd viewer to stop. showing that the disk has stopped. I have included the logs.
              my pc is a dell xps900 intel i7core 4 cpu with 9gig of memory and 3 tb of disk space.

thanks for any help.
              I realize that this is a beta and am patiently waiting on the final (fully working) copy.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X