This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Parnassus

Ever since ver. 7 Fab always wants to compress a movie only which requires no compression. Dr. Parnassus is only 20GB and it wants to compress for hours. Switched to old reliable 6.2.1.8 and all is ok again. We've been logging this problem for weeks but it's still there. What gives?

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
    Ever since ver. 7 Fab always wants to compress a movie only which requires no compression. Dr. Parnassus is only 20GB and it wants to compress for hours. Switched to old reliable 6.2.1.8 and all is ok again. We've been logging this problem for weeks but it's still there. What gives?
    bmiller
    your version of DVDFab is way behind the curve. It's 7.0.5.5 out there, as of this moment - please update yours. Besides, What settings are you using? If you want to rip entire movie to HDD, you should use Blu-ray to Blu-ray, Full Disc, BD50, Quality 100% settings. And it doesn't matter if your content is 20 Gig or even less. Please use these settings.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I'm ripping movie only to BD25. Been doing it for months. Every version of 7 i have tried does the same thing. This isn't the first time many of us have brought this up. It has been going on since the first ver. 7 came out. IPopov, i'll use whatever works properly, and ver. 7 doesn't work properly on movie only to bd25 when no compression is needed. When compression is needed i use it and it works fine. When version 7 is fixed i'll get rid of 6.2.1.8, but not until then.
      Update to the latest version? That's the version i tried this with. 7.0.4.0 is the latest official version on the DVDFAB website.
      Last edited by bmiller; 05-12-2010, 01:14 AM.

Comment

In case there is any confusion here, this has been going on with every version of 7, movie only to bd 25. It has happened with a multitude of movies and differing versions of 7. Many people have reported the same thing. Any movie only less than 23 GB are still compressed by version 7 when no compression is required. Switching to old version 6 extracts the movie only as it should, and burning with IMG burn works every time. I'm surprised the developers have let this go as far as they have.

Comment

you don't want to compress to bd25 straight from the actual blu-ray disk, it takes way too long to do that. Your drive will spin for hours! Instead, right to BD50 on your hard drive 1st (then you will not have the problem described in this post), then re-open the movie from your hard drive and then compress to bd25. Much faster that way, and I have not had any problems so far, including with Parnasus.

Comment

That's what i've done. I have the BD50 .iso on my hard drive. I then open it in dvdfab to copy movie only to BD25. Ver7 wants to compress any movie regardless of size. Ver. 6 only does what it's supposed to do, compress anything over 23 GB. and copy at 100% anything under 23GB. Ver. 7 still has a bug. I hope the developers look into this. There has been a number of people on this forum complaining about the same thing for months, and the bug is still there.

Comment

I usually use the BD50 option for movies under 25 GB becuase the end result is still the same size as the original disc and will burn to a 25GB disc just fine with Imgburn or Nero. I always have it create an ISO saved to the hard drive and then burn the image seperately and haven't had any problems. When I try the BD25 option it tries to re-encode it even if it's under 25GB and that take way longer.

Comment

Ok, I understand what you mean, I will look at my compressed folder next time. But careful, a 25GB disk does not actually store 25 gigs, it stores a little less than that.

Comment

I know, that's why i mentioned 23 GB as the file size limit.
                  I guess if i want to use version 7, i'll have to do as you suggest and use movie only and BD50 as my default setting. I guess there is no need for the BD25 option in the drop down menu, as it is of little use anyway.

Comment

23.7 GB to be exact. As long as the original is that size or smaller the BD50 option will work fine for you. I can verify this as I backed up my Space Ace (I know it's not really a movie)Blu-Ray which is 22GB using the BD50 option and it burn to a 25GB disc and worked no problem. I used Imgburn and chose the burn from image option, chose the iso and it was on it's way. Imgburn doesn't care that you used the BD50 to make the ISO as long as the image will fit on the disc provided. Also worked for The Warriors which is just under 22GB. I'm not positive but I think you have to save the ISO to the hard drive first then burn the image for this to work but I only do this anyways so I don't know firsthand. As far as I'm concerned BD-R are still too expensive to burn it without verifying it made a good copy first.
                    Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 05-12-2010, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Hey bmiller. First off I want to say I misunderstood your original post so my posts pretty much don't apply mostly so my apologies for only further confusing your problem. That being said I picked up Parnassus to experiment with. The problem you describe seems to be fixed with the newest beta (7.0.5.5) I did the main movie only with HD audio removed and with directors commentary bringing the disc to 20.5GB. I started the process and it only took 40 minutes to make the ISO copy. I did this from the original disc not a BD50 copy to hard drive. If you already got this working with the latest beta then disregard, but I figured I'd update you that the problem was fixed just in case so you didn't have to keep using the old version.
                      Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 05-15-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X