Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting peeved that this program is unreliable!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting peeved that this program is unreliable!

Made a couple of backups to bd25 armageddon and bourne ultimatum. Both went ok with no errors. Burnt armageddon and played no problem on my bluray player. Bourne ultimatum did not play. Both folders had the bdmv and certificate in them. Its like it this program does not put certain movies in the right structure? I;m pissed that i'm making coasters and spent alot of money on this program. I have to use another program to go through these files just to make sure it will play on the player now since it has become a crap shoot with every movie!
    Last edited by hanibal; 05-12-2010, 11:09 PM.

You might want to invest in a BD-RE and use it to verify it's a working copy before you burn it to a BD-R. If you made a lot of coasters a BD-RE isn't going to put you back any more than you've already lost. I myself always make the copy as a ISO saved to the hard drive and then mount it with a virtual drive and verify that the copy is good on PowerDVD before I burn it to physical media. Sorry your having so many problems. DVDFab has mostly been good to me. The only real problems I've had were new movies that have new protections and usually that's cleared up within a week or so. Also try to remember that Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray is still relativly new . It's not as polished as the DVD portion because it simply hasn't been out there as long as DVD. Just be glad you not one of the poor souls who jumped on the Xbox360 launch and have 11 fail in row like one poor gent. I'm sure you've lost more than a few dollars worth of BD-R's but at least your not at the $400+ loss point.

Comment

The files play fine on the computer but it its a hit and miss on the home theatre player. Also slow search still does not work as well. may have to go back to a early version like 6 series which has'nt had problems.

Comment

2 ot of 3 movies did not play on the home theatre player. 2 coasters! Can someone explain why they wont play even though u have a bdvm and certificate folders? I have to use clownbd and run the movies trough it to fix them, thus removing last second of movie and works fine.? Mind u also it creates the video file in bdmv always as 0000 where as fab will give it different numbers like 0076 or something else?
        Last edited by hanibal; 05-13-2010, 12:54 AM.

Comment

ive copied over 350 blu rays and havnt had ONE issue. i just do it the easy way and rip main movie to the temp folder and compress, than insert a disc when it asks me to. dont need to mess with certificates and stuff.

and im using a ps3 for playback.

Comment

so u rip the whole disk to ur hd first then compress it and put it on a disk? What i do is insert the blu-ray and select mainmovie and bd25 then rip the movie to my hard drive. It makes 2 files bdmv and certificate, dont need to mess with certificates and stuff cause it automatically makes them?

Comment

Hi hanibal,

We know "Bourne ultimatum" has playback problem, please understand it's a BETA version, we are working on it.

Thanks for your report, and please be patient

Best Regards,
              Fengtao
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

If you could tell us what kind of burner you have and what kind of blank media you're using, it would be helpful. Try turning your burn speed down to 2x for BD-Rs. It sounds like you're using cheap media.
                SPECS
                DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Why is it then if i use clown bd and tsmuxer and let the movie go through that it plays everytime. Ive made several with these 2x media and have just had these problems when going into beta versions. Ggw-H2OL burner by lg.

Comment

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
                    so u rip the whole disk to ur hd first then compress it and put it on a disk? What i do is insert the blu-ray and select mainmovie and bd25 then rip the movie to my hard drive. It makes 2 files bdmv and certificate, dont need to mess with certificates and stuff cause it automatically makes them?
                    no i just put in my blu ray hit main movie. on the soure and destination they are both the same blu ray burning drive.

i than choose my title/track and audio options.

choose 25gb 1080p from the dropdown. and hit start.

it compresses and copies to a temp folder, than when thats done it says insert a disc. i insert the blank and it burns.

i never mess with the files or anything.

----------

i have the same burner and use memorex bd-r's from newegg. ive had no issues using the vso burning engine.
                    Last edited by thisizbrian; 05-13-2010, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
                      no i just put in my blu ray hit main movie. on the soure and destination they are both the same blu ray burning drive.

i than choose my title/track and audio options.

choose 25gb 1080p from the dropdown. and hit start.

it compresses and copies to a temp folder, than when thats done it says insert a disc. i insert the blank and it burns.

i never mess with the files or anything.
                      With the built in burner or image burn?

Comment

built in

jjj

Comment

might try and see if there is a new update for your player also. as mine would not play avater till i updated the player some players have the option to check for update versions if you pluged into internet for the bd-live
                          Last edited by Darth56; 05-13-2010, 09:31 AM.

Comment

it has the newest up date, did x-men and then used another program to check it and it sais wrong structure. So it seems the unplayable ones somehow get to be the wrong bd structure? HD DVD / Blu-Ray disc structure not found. <ERROR>
                            Last edited by hanibal; 05-13-2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
                              ive copied over 350 blu rays and havnt had ONE issue. i just do it the easy way and rip main movie to the temp folder and compress, than insert a disc when it asks me to. dont need to mess with certificates and stuff.

and im using a ps3 for playback.
                              What version are you using?

Comment

Working...
                              X