This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Blue Ray Media and Burners

Can we get feedback on the recommended media to use to back up our blue ray disks and which burners are worthy. People mention cheap media but I cannot find any mention of what to stay away from.
    Thanks

sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have a Pioneer BDR-205BK Blu Ray Burner installed in a NexStar DX External 5.25" SATA enclosure. It is connected to my Dell M6400 laptop via eSATA.

It screams. I highly recommend it. NO SPECIAL DRIVERS NEEDED!

I also use the following BD-R 25GB media: Optical Quantum 4x 25GB BD-R Blu-ray Blank media.

Comment

I also am extremely pleased with the Pioneer BDR-205 using Verbatim BD-R 25 GByte blanks and BD-RE 25 GB rewriteables.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendit View Post
          I have a Pioneer BDR-205BK Blu Ray Burner installed in a NexStar DX External 5.25" SATA enclosure. It is connected to my Dell M6400 laptop via eSATA.

It screams. I highly recommend it. NO SPECIAL DRIVERS NEEDED!

I also use the following BD-R 25GB media: Optical Quantum 4x 25GB BD-R Blu-ray Blank media.
          I was going to buy an LG external Blu-ray burner for my HP Laptop(currently has a Blu-ray player in it). The Pioneer would be cheaper. Is this relatively easy to adapt with an enclosure? I do have an eSATA port on the laptop but I don't know exactly how the enclosure works with a burner that is designed for a desktop.

Thanks

Comment

murrfee, read my post above. I wrote exactly what you need.

"NexStar DX External 5.25" SATA enclosure"

Comment

I have a Pioneer BDR-205 and I would recommend it.

BTW a firmware update was just released v1.08
              Win7 Ult. 64bit

Comment

Working...
              X