X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program Locks up durring scan.

First I want to say Hi to everyone.

I'm new to DVDfab and Blu-ray.
    I just got the 3D Samsung Set which has the Monster vs Alien 3D Blu-ray that I want to back it up for safety reason. Well each time the program starts scanning Disk the program locks up with windows massage that the program crashed and needs to be closed.

I try Disable PathPlayer but that did not helped.

I have no problem with DVD's with scanning only with Blu-Ray. This is the Only Blu-Ray I have so I can't give you any other samples.

I installed program with Administrative rights. (Which I always do)

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad Processor
    4 gigs Of memory

Make sure Pathplayer is Enabled and also read what is listed below and post all info mentioned that you not post yet to your next post reply to this thread

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

This is only log file after crush. There is no Error numbers and the crush window is from system and not from DVDfab

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4901048...46557/sizes/o/

dvdfab_internal.log

DVDFab 7.0.5.5 (2010/05/13 20:47:20)

0m 02.09s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 21.75s: detected blu-ray
      0m 24.18s: drive I
      0m 24.18s: volume label MONSTERS_VS_ALIENS_3D
      0m 24.21s: detected blu-ray
      0m 24.21s: drive I
      0m 24.21s: volume label MONSTERS_VS_ALIENS_3D
      0m 24.31s: root 3C5C20C3RDUS0004:MONSTERS_VS_ALIENS_3D:MONSTERS_VS _ALIENS_3D:MONSTERS_VS_ALIENS_3D
      0m 24.86s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
      0m 27.71s: got discinfo
      0m 27.89s: got bdmv
      0m 27.89s: got agid
      0m 27.92s: sent host cert chal
      0m 27.92s: got drive cert chal
      0m 27.95s: got drive key
      0m 27.95s: got host key signature
      0m 27.96s: verified drive signature
      0m 27.96s: verified host signature
      0m 28.00s: sent host signature and key point
      0m 28.00s: got bus key
      0m 28.00s: got volume id
      0m 28.00s: got volume id mac
      0m 28.01s: volume id is correct
      0m 28.01s: got vid

Comment

Ok try right clicking the DVDFab desktop icon and select run as administrator to see if that will work for you and yes I know you installed as administrator but that does not mean it will run with administrator rights
        Last edited by AGJ; 05-14-2010, 04:39 AM.

Comment

COuld this be because its the 3D movie? some different coding that they put on the disc?
          Lancool K-56 case.
          OCZ 700watt PSU.
          MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
          AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
          ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
          16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
          OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
          WD 2TB.
          EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
          LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

I did that too, run with administrator rights but no cigar.

I even made an image using ImgBurn and [other software] and try to read it from the hard drive but same story. it will crash.
            But with DVD's no problem.

The only thing I can thing of that there is something on the computer that screws thing up.
            If I will have time this weekend I will try to redo my computer and try it then.

but if any one has some Idea I will try it out.

Thanks for any help
            Last edited by Complication; 05-14-2010, 01:36 PM. Reason: removed software reference

Comment

What anti-virus protection you have as you could try with that off. Also maybe check and make sure you are removing the correct copy protection for the region you are in. Could also try by keeping the BDLive to see if that works but I not think it will. Also what type of graphics card you have as that might be accessing CUDA or other and it could help by changing that setting.

Comment

Over the weekend I redo my Computer. No software was installed accept DVD fab 7.0.5.8.b. All Latest driver for sound card and video card. No codecs or any other stuff.

The Blu-ray Monster vs Alien 3D had the same problem like before. So I stopped at Wal-Mart and got a Bolt and Kung Fu Panda Blu-rays. Got home and try to back them up.
                All of them DVDfab was able to analyze and backup as Movie Only to Hard Drive as ISO file.

The Kung Fu Panda it took 35 min.
                The Bolt it took 2 hr and 40 min. (Why so much difference in both movies?)

But it worked.

Try to put first movie Monster vs Alien 3D and same problem DVDFab locked before any Errors cold come out.

So maybe the developer could look into this problem. If this is the case for 3D only or other problem inside the blu-ray
                Last edited by jbejm; 05-17-2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

It sounds like the problem is with your Monsters to Aliens disk, not Fab.

Have you done all the normal checks on the disk?
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by jbejm View Post

I even made an image using ImgBurn and [other software] and try to read it from the hard drive but same story. it will crash.
                    But with DVD's no problem.

Thanks for any help
                    If you saw from the statement I made before I had no problem coping that way. But I still could not read the file. I have no problem playing in the Player.

Comment

I think this crash was fixed in 7.0.5.8 beta. Please download from here,

install "as Administrator" and give it a try

If you saw from the statement I made before I had no problem coping that way. But I still could not read the file. I have no problem playing in the Player.
                      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Over the weekend I redo my Computer. No software was installed accept DVD fab 7.0.5.8.b. All Latest driver for sound card and video card. No codecs or any other stuff.

The Blu-ray Monster vs Alien 3D had the same problem like before. So I stopped at Wal-Mart and got a Bolt and Kung Fu Panda Blu-rays. Got home and try to back them up.
                        All of them DVDfab was able to analyze and backup as Movie Only to Hard Drive as ISO file.

The Kung Fu Panda it took 35 min.
                        The Bolt it took 2 hr and 40 min. (Why so much difference in both movies?)

But it worked.

Try to put first movie Monster vs Alien 3D and same problem DVDFab locked before any Errors cold come out.

So maybe the developer could look into this problem. If this is the case for 3D only or other problem inside the blu-ray
                        If you can see that I already try it.

Comment

Working...
                        X