This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copy my blu-ray discs

Why is it so difficult to copy blu-ray, I have used dvdfab for years backing up dvd.s and I thought when I bought my pioneer burner, it was going to be so easy.
    It seems that everyone is asking why the copies fail.
    Is there a tuturial for simply taking out the movie on blu-ray and playing it on my Panasonic DMR-BS 750.
    I have tried backing up the full disc and creating an iso, then taking out the main movie and creating another iso, then mounting it on virtual drive and burning with imgburn. With no success.
    Any help please

Stella try updating to the latest beta 7.0.5.8 and try again. A lot of people who couldn't get a working BD25 are reporting success with the new version.
    Also does the Full Disc ISO mount and play before you try to rip the Main Movie only to BD25?

Comment

stellaortwa
      there are tutorials, and they are here:

They are very good ones, with pictures on all that.
      The way you do your back-ups is quite inefficient, and you definitely need to read them. Please let us know if there are any questions left.

Originally posted by stellaortwa View Post
      Why is it so difficult to copy blu-ray, I have used dvdfab for years backing up dvd.s and I thought when I bought my pioneer burner, it was going to be so easy.
      It seems that everyone is asking why the copies fail.
      Is there a tuturial for simply taking out the movie on blu-ray and playing it on my Panasonic DMR-BS 750.
      I have tried backing up the full disc and creating an iso, then taking out the main movie and creating another iso, then mounting it on virtual drive and burning with imgburn. With no success.
      Any help please
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Ipopov50 She's trying it that way because the effiecent ways were not working for her(she posted earlier and you responded) and that is the way I suggested to her as a last resort.
        That being said I have seen multiple posts suggesting to rip the movie to hard drive with Full Disc BD50 and then ripping the main movie to BD25 from the ISO when doing it from the original disc doesn't work so all I suggested was what many before me have suggested to others.
        You suggested in stella's previous post to use ImgBurn and linked the how to set up DVDFab with ImgBurn and when stella reported back that didn't work you never followed up and I suggested to her what she's trying now becasue I've seen it suggested by multiple moderators. stella is still having the same problem that wasn't fixed earlier.
        Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 05-16-2010, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't know the background... or forgot.
          Anyway, ripping it to HDD first is always a good idea, as well as using that rip as a source for the process. What I didn't get is why after conversion from BD50 to BD25 Full Disc iso, she's mounting it and then placing it in ImgBurn for burning??? Instead, she can:
          (a) Set up DVDFab to use ImgBurn as a burning engine (see here how: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12 ), if it's not set up yet, and set BD drive with blank in it as destination, or
          (b) if creating BD25 as iso on HDD is a preference, burn it onto disc as iso using "Write image file to disc" option in ImgBurn.

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
          Ipopov50 She's trying it that way because the effiecent ways were not working for her(she posted earlier and you responded) and that is the way I suggested to her as a last resort.
          That being said I have seen multiple posts suggesting to rip the movie to hard drive with Full Disc BD50 and then ripping the main movie to BD25 from the ISO when doing it from the original disc doesn't work so all I suggested was what many before me have suggested to others.
          You suggested in stella's previous post to use ImgBurn and linked the how to set up DVDFab with ImgBurn and when stella reported back that didn't work you never followed up and I suggested to her what she's trying now becasue I've seen it suggested by multiple moderators. stella is still having the same problem that wasn't fixed earlier.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Sorry Ipopov I forgot that at the time I suggested it choosing the ISO instead of mounting it wasn't working for me for Full Disc BD 25. I'd choose the ISO image and it would load and scan but when I pushed the Start button nothing would happen(Program wouldn't begin and stayed on main page). The only way it would work was to mount the ISO and choose the VD as the source. I suggested it as a last ditch effort just in case. As of 7.0.5.8 I don't have to do that. We also had some private correspondance and you couldn't have known that or or the contents. My bad.

Comment

Working...
            X