This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slow decryption

Here's my latest problem-- I like to decrypt my blu rays to the hard drive first and then copy and compress them at a later time when I have some time. With the new beta, and any version 7 version, it takes 3 or 4 hours to decrypt a blu ray to my hard drive.....Yet, in version 6, I can easily decrypt one of my blu rays to the hard drive in 30 or 40 minutes....Why is this??? Are my settings wrong???I have the output set at bd50 for bd50 discs when I use version 7 but it takes forever to decrypt to the hard drive and I don't think it should...Any help???

Encouraging to see someone else is seeing such long times (see my post "2012")

Comment

Originally posted by LarryM04 View Post
      Encouraging to see someone else is seeing such long times (see my post "2012")
      he doesn't seem to be adding compression while reading.

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
        he doesn't seem to be adding compression while reading.
        Right, I'm not adding compression while decrypting...I have no problem with long decrypting times when compressing as I know it's a heavy process...I'm just talking about decrypting a whole disc to a hard drive..

Comment

Wow 3 to 4 hrs to decrypt is a loooooong time. I never had that long of time even on my X2 AMD 2.1ghz computer. Now i got it down to 1hr 30min to 2hrs 30min. have you tried the newer full version 7.0.6.0?
          Lancool K-56 case.
          OCZ 700watt PSU.
          MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
          AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
          ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
          16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
          OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
          WD 2TB.
          EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
          LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Have you try to reset DMA?

Originally posted by lebb View Post
            Here's my latest problem-- I like to decrypt my blu rays to the hard drive first and then copy and compress them at a later time when I have some time. With the new beta, and any version 7 version, it takes 3 or 4 hours to decrypt a blu ray to my hard drive.....Yet, in version 6, I can easily decrypt one of my blu rays to the hard drive in 30 or 40 minutes....Why is this??? Are my settings wrong???I have the output set at bd50 for bd50 discs when I use version 7 but it takes forever to decrypt to the hard drive and I don't think it should...Any help???
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

have you updated your firmware ? doesnt dvdfab have a setting for quality maybe yours is too high.
              Lancool K-56 case.
              OCZ 700watt PSU.
              MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
              AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
              ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
              16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
              OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
              WD 2TB.
              EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
              LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Working...