This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab 7.0.6.0 Usage

I admit I am a newbie at copying blu-ray. I am useing single layer Optical Quantum BD-R 25 gb disks. When I insert a disk and it is scanned it gives me the disk size. I think I understand correctly if the disk size is bigger than 25 gb than it will have to be compressed. I am not sure how to do the compression. I copied a movie last night, Young Victoria US version (don't ask my why, I just had that one on hand). It was smaller than 25 gb (main movie) so I copied it to a hd disk. When I placed it in my blu-ray player it would not read it and said it was an incompatible disk. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and give me some advice and information about how to do this correctly. Thank you in advance.

First, I dont burn anything that I copy because I own everything that i copy (disk in hand) so why burn it. I will copy BDs and then stream them over my network to my PS3 and my Live player. I do this so the kids dont scratch the disk up. But to answer your question you do not have to compress every thing over 25gb's if you have a bd50 to burn to (I beleive). Second, everyone is going to tell you that the SEARCH function is your best friend. Most people have already asked the same question many of times and the answers are most likely out there. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks for answering. I do own the movie, was making a back-up. We camp quite a bit and I like to take back-ups. I have single layer bd disk and I think they are called 25, but I am not even sure of that, ha.
      I have tried the search engines and really have been unable to find the answer. I did see a vidio on youtube and I guess I am doing it right, lol.
      I have really just started fooling around with this stuff. I really don't want to take some of my more expensive disk with me camping (and yes, why the heck do we watch movies when we camp - good question with no answer)

Comment

first read sticky Help us Help you.
        then post all info then we can help.
        Windows 7 64bit ultimate
        CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
        RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
        GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
        SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
        HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
        PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Working...
        X