This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Kong fun and games

Hello everyone, i've ripped King Kong to my hdd. I wanted a movie only copy. I played a preview of it in the DVDFab window and it played the soundtrack of the film. I processed the rip and played it in PDVD9 Ultra and all i get is the Peter Jackson commentary? How did that happen, and more importantly how could i fix this? I tried with and without dts hd ma and just ac3 to no avail. I have Vista 64bit ultimate, 3.2ghz quad core, and 8gb ram. I just can't seem to select the right soundtrack. Please help, i was going to buy this DVDFab if it can do what i want it to. Any help much appreciated. Kind regards, Phil.

Originally posted by philster123 View Post
    Hello everyone, i've ripped King Kong to my hdd. I wanted a movie only copy. I played a preview of it in the DVDFab window and it played the soundtrack of the film. I processed the rip and played it in PDVD9 Ultra and all i get is the Peter Jackson commentary? How did that happen, and more importantly how could i fix this? I tried with and without dts hd ma and just ac3 to no avail. I have Vista 64bit ultimate, 3.2ghz quad core, and 8gb ram. I just can't seem to select the right soundtrack. Please help, i was going to buy this DVDFab if it can do what i want it to. Any help much appreciated. Kind regards, Phil.
    Hi philster123
    I am going to assume you mean main movie,
    when you open main movie,
    in the large box with the heading ( title, play time, etc) there is a long list of files, usually when you open this it highlights one of the center files, if you look to the top you will see play times in hours instead of minutes,
    one of those are the files you want to select, some times there can be multiples at the top in hours as well,
    so a rule of thumb is most movies won't be a whole lot more than 2+ hours.
    hope this helps, and if not get back to us so we can you get it worked out.

Comment

Fun and games with King Kong continued

Hi Touchdown 1, i've upgraded to the latest version of DVDFab, the running time of the film is 3 h 20 m for the extended version and 3 h 07 min for the theatrical release. There are two versions of each of these. One has 54 chapters for the 3 h 20 m version and one with 2 chapters. For the 3 h 07 m version there is a chapter set with 51 chapters and one with 2. Tried to make main movie out of each to no avail, i have either a good rip with directors commentary or a good rip with no sound?
      Any help would be most appreciated, i'm going to try another film to make sure i'm not going mad. Oh, and i've also tried main movie to BD9 720p with both chapter sets. Maybe i'll give up on the idea of a home theatre pc and just play it through my Blu-ray? Kind regards, a well and truly beaten punter.

Comment

Hi philster123,
        while you're playing back the ripped Blu-ray file will you right click on the screen and select "show information"? then let us know what info is given for the audio.

Edit: Ok try this 1st decide which version You want the extended version or the theatrical. whichever You choose select the one with the largest amount of chapters and the !st audio track, NOT the 3/2 track since that is the directors commentary. Do you have sound? if not pause the movie and click the settings tab in PWDVD and select audio. what is the speaker configuration? try selecting different ones while playing back the movie and let us know what happens.
        Last edited by W&B; 10-13-2009, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X