This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitles, chapters missing

I've used the blu-ray main movie to hard drive option (trial use) and I end up with a single file. However, subtitles and chapters do not appear when playing it with either PowerDVD or Arcsoft TMT.

The procedures seemed the same as it is when converting a regular DVD to a file on a hard drive but perhaps I'm missing something about the blu-ray process that should be obvious?

jwm

While playing back in PowerDVD is the "select next subtitle" button clickable? sorry I don't have TMT

Comment

May as well go ahead and ask how you're playing them back. BR disc, iso mounted on a virtual drive or the .m2ts file? if its the .m2ts file that may be your problem with the chapters since I can't get chapter stops to work in PWDVD either. I suggest iso mounted to a virtual drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
        May as well go ahead and ask how you're playing them back. BR disc, iso mounted on a virtual drive or the .m2ts file? if its the .m2ts file that may be your problem with the chapters since I can't get chapter stops to work in PWDVD either. I suggest iso mounted to a virtual drive.
        I've been playing back from the .m2ts file. I assumed things would work just the same as with a regular dvd ripped to a hard drive.

I didn't see anything about iso and virtual drives amongst the FAQs. Could you provide me with a link to that process?

jwm

Comment

It's really a simple process, 1st you'll need to rip your main movie to your HDD in iso format with Fab (its the button with a disc icon to the right of the target line on Fab) be sure to select the subtitles you want included. Then just google free virtual drives there's a few out there d/l and install. A virtual drive acts as a real dvd drive installed on your computer, once you have your iso ripped to your HDD right click either on your virtual drive found in "my computer" or just computer and select "mount" navigate to your iso file and select. then once mounted either right click on the drive again and select "play with PWDVD" and it should work or open PWDVD and select the drive within PWDVD and play.after playback be sure to go back and UNmount the iso to free it for burning to BD if you choose. if you still have problems post back and we'll provide more help. after playback be sure to go back and UNmount the iso to free it for burning to BD if you choose

Edit: I meant to also say you can right click on the iso file itself and select mount then go to computer and go from there.
          sorry about editing, over half my post are edited because I always seem to remember something else lol
          Last edited by W&B; 10-08-2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Subtitles missing

Hi:

I too seem to have the same problem. I've ripped and compressed my BluRay disc, using the "movie only" function, to compress the movie onto a BD5 (720p). I've selected my audio track(s), and the subtitles track as well. The conversion was successful without any problems. I've set the output target/destination to an iso file.

I mounted an iso file (using daemon tools), and played using PDVD8 (for some reason I can't use PDVD9 as it keeps saying "no disc detected in drive" - but that's a separate issue). PDVD8 played the file fine, audio and video looks OK. However, it seems that the subtitles doesn't appear, even when I deliberately select it.

Am I missing something? Anyone has any ideas what have I missed?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X