This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression help

I'm trying to back up my copy of the blu ray The Road...The movie is 31 GB ...I'm using CUDA both as a decoder and encoder...I decrypted to movie to my hard drive and now I'm running it thru DVDFAB to trey to compress it..The problem is that the movie doesn't compress...It only takes about 15 minutes to run thru the compression process but DVDFAB tells me that no compression is needed and the movie comes out the same size...I am shrinking to 25 GB in the settings..Does anyone know the compression will not work??? Ant help would be greatly appreciated..

Try latest Beta.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Compression is still not working in the latest beta....

Comment

lebb
        I don't know that movie, is it 1080i by a chance? What format is it in?
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I reset my codecs and tried this movie again...I set the decoder to software and the encoder to CUDA..It compressed the movie but it took 2 and half hours to do it....The reason I ask is that I bought a new CUDA enabled card(GeForce 9800 GT) and I see know noticeable difference between this new card and my old Radeon 3600 card when it comes to speed...If I set the both the decoder and encoder to CUDA- which my new card has- the compression doesn't work but the movie goes thry DVDFab in like 15 minutes...Is the new card I bought any good???? I'm on a budget and I really don't want to splurge for a hi-end card and I considered this card kinda middle range..And help would be great...Thanx

Comment

For me Public Enemies will now start to compress instead of getting the no compression needed message but I haven't actually the finished the process just started it to see if there was a difference and there was. Unfortunetly Masters of Horror Vol 1 still gets the no compression needed message and just clones the disc.
            Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 05-28-2010, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X