This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corruption/Distortion in Video

Since I have been chatised about not starting a seperate thread about a similar issue as previous moderator here is my very own seperate post. I will copy all my replies from the other thead. These replies are meant to help in the beta testing process.

-----------------
    Originally posted by W&B View Post
    Testing 7062 full disc compression to BD25 1080P and I'm noticing some corruption in the video stream, it happens several times during playback on my PS3 but only for a split second.
    The title's I'm testing is "Invictus" and "All About Steve" (I don't think it's related to any certain title). My graphics card is a NVidia GTS 250 with the latest driver 197.45...Win7 64x with a dual core 3.16ghz processor and 8 gb of ram.
    My process is always ripping the BD to my HDD first and then using that as the source for compression...testing the original rip before compression is flawless.
    I'm going to do another title but will disable the Cuda encoder and just let the software do all the work.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Am having this problem also with The Hurt Locker. 4 distortions in 40 minutes. A couple of distortions looked to pixelate into another scene for 1 sec then pixelate back. Have this on DXVA and CUDA copies. Am in the process of trying a software only compress but it's twice as long so I will report back when it's done. Same pixelation/distortion is Precious also. Otherwise it looks fantastic.

Comment

So far I can't get a successful copy with the software only of The Hurt Locker. At about 9 hours in it starts to have a I/O read error and won't go any further. Ignoring the error only causes another error message after it's dismissed. I was able to make a CoreAVC copy and compared it to the CUDA and DXVA copies. DXVA took the longest at 9h53m. Next was CUDA at 9h45m and fastest was CoreAVC at 8h53m. CUDA had the worst distortion with 3/4 to full sceen distorting for about a second per incident. DXVA only had bottom half of screen distort per incident and CorveAVC with the least distortion on the bottom 1/4 of screen for less than a second per incident. Most incidents seem to be fast moving pan shots but not always. Still noticabe on CoreAVC but far less than on the CUDA and DXVA copies. I'll try software only again but after 2 fails 9 hours in my heart isn't as much into it as before. Also all copies were made on Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP 3 but played on Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2 as in XP all ISOs copies caused both PowerDVD 8 & 9 to crash. 9 would load the disc but crashed as it started to play the disc. 8 crashed as soon as the disc was detected. ISO's were mounted with DVDFAb VD and Daemon Tools with same results. ISO's play fine in PowerDVD 10 on Vista

Comment

So I tried throwing my HD 5770 into my XP rig. Can use DXVA to decode H.264 and VC-1. Used DXVA to decode and software to encode. Distortions still there. Would put it between DXVA version and the CoreAVC version although those both used CUDa and software to encode and this version was just software to encode. I haven't tried the new beta so I will try that tonight. Process took 17h+ with DXVA decoding and software only encoding
        Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 05-28-2010, 01:10 AM.

Comment

After trying 4 different methods of copying The Hurt Locker and watching the first 2 episodes on Weeds S3 D1 that I just finished compressing to BD 25 I have found that the distortions/corruption occurs around every 5 minutes but not every time. Weeds Episode 1 had distortion at 4m 57s then at 9m 55s. No distortion I could see around the 15m area then distortions at the 20m 3s and 24m 40s marks. Distortions are not exactly timed some occur in the 60 seconds before or after 5 minutes increment. Only exception has been Akira with a distortion at the 13m38s mark. Confirmed in all the BD50 to BD25 I've made. In copies made in Vista and XP. Started compressing about V7.0.5.8 I think.

Comment

Working...
          X