This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 won't play ISO, will stand alone?

Hi, I've burned an iso copy of the LONGEST DAY to blu ray. It plays on my PC, but not on my PS3. Will it play on a stand alone blu ray player?

Originally posted by JerryinToronto View Post
    Hi, I've burned an iso copy of the LONGEST DAY to blu ray. It plays on my PC, but not on my PS3. Will it play on a stand alone blu ray player?
    Hi JerryinToronto,
    Welcome, I guess there is only one to know that, and that would be to put it in a standalone BD player and see what happens.
    If it is playing back on your PC then it should play on a stand alone,provided your firmware is up to date there,
    as for your PS3, are your firmwares current ?

Comment

@ JerryinToronto,
      I also have a PS3 and updated mine to the latest firmware version 3.01
      I'm also having the same problem. I did have success in the past using 2 different types of blank media but not the best quality. I hope its my media and not something Sony has done to cripple this feature. at the moment I'm running another test and will post back IF I have success.

@Touchdown_1
      When using ImgBurn to format your BD-RE disc do you get any kind of errors?
      W 17:49:28 FormatDisc(FT: 0x31, FST: 0x02) Not Supported!
      W 17:49:28 FormatDisc(FT: 0x31, FST: 0x03) Not Supported!
      I get these with both my blank media but never got these errors with the prior 2440 version. I still have the installer for it and if my current test fails I'm going to revert back and test again. I even tried write data mode with Fab and it won't even recognize my disc (odd) when trying to detect my media. As the op stated the backups play fine on my computer but no luck on the PS3. I'm stumped at the moment. It might be tomorrow before I have results

Comment

OK, I popped over to the PS3 forums to see whats up and I'm reading post after post about failing PS3's after the firmware update 3.00 and 3.01
        it seems to render some systems inoperable and others say they have had no problems. My guess is its only affecting some models and not others. I went from firmware update 2.80 to 3.01 before I noticed there were reports of this. its affecting game play with some models so not really sure what to say. I did test a BD5 I backed up and it plays it no problem and original movies seem ok but not tested playback on my games yet. personally I don't care about the Blu-ray playback on a PS3, I plan on getting a stand alone anyway and a media player in the near Future. My uneducated guess is Sony is trying to cripple playback of BD-RE disc and maybe BD-R disc also. I actually expected that but its not confirmed. I gotta say it though, I HATE SONY LOL

Comment

Just finished ripping and compressing to a BD-RE25gb disc. plugged it in the PS3 and it played perfectly. Burned the same file to a SONY brand BD-RE50gb disc and no go HAHA. so it rules out Fab. I still think its probably firmware related because the disc again played fine on my computer.

Comment

@Touchdown_1
            When using ImgBurn to format your BD-RE disc do you get any kind of errors?
            W 17:49:28 FormatDisc(FT: 0x31, FST: 0x02) Not Supported!
            W 17:49:28 FormatDisc(FT: 0x31, FST: 0x03) Not Supported!
            I get these with both my blank media but never got these errors with the prior 2440 version. I still have the installer for it and if my current test fails I'm going to revert back and test again. I even tried write data mode with Fab and it won't even recognize my disc (odd) when trying to detect my media. As the op stated the backups play fine on my computer but no luck on the PS3. I'm stumped at the moment. It might be tomorrow before I have results[/QUOTE]

WildandBlue,
            No, I don't have that problem,open ImgBurn, click on the mode tab, go to write, click on that, make sure proper burner shows in the bar, right click on the burner in the bar, go to erase, and choose either full or fast format.

Comment

Working...
            X