This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audio problems

OK I've had this problem with various bluray discs for a while I have the newest version 7.0.6.7. I rip blurays to disk. I want to watch the movie in english. When i choose Full Disk sometimes it plays back in English and sometimes in another language. When I get another language I then choose Main movie and then I try a myriad of options with mixed results. Sometimes I get english, sometimes another language, and sometimes the directors commentary.
    I saw other threads that say to deselect english in the preferences for audio and video.
    I tried the No HD Audio option and then deselect other languages. I then get the directors comm.
    CAn you tell me a tried-and-true method to rip the movie in English?

robmeier,
    it's actually not so difficult, and I will try to guide you through.
    aa. Lets go to settings first (right top corner, green circle with checkmark). Open it and find "Streams" header from a list on a left-hand side. Select it and you will see all possible languages in left window. Please highlight desired language and move it to the right window using ">>" button. (On my Fab I have English only). Below you have to decide what track should be pre-selected if there's more than one English track (again, I have "All Tracks" selected on my Fab. In this case you can de-select any of the tracks and change your selection manually). Since you are dealing with Blu-ray, I'm pretty sure you will have 3 or more English tracks - they usually (1) High-bitrate HD sound format for the main movie; (2) descriptive track (for blind) lower sound standard; and (3) usually kinda very primitive sound, 2 channel often, commentary track. So, HD sound, or best quality out of all, that's what you are looking for, and usually this track in a first position of the list. Because of that, go to the lower section and tick "Select first track" (on my Fab, however, I have "Select all tracks" option because I making my selections for each movie individually.)

bb. you can go a bit further and make selections for subtitles as well - under heading "Subpicture". On my machine I have "Do not preselect..." option chosen.

cc. Now go to "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" heading and select "Always remove HD Audio" option. BTW you can select Default output here as well. (I have BD9 1080p option selected because it's my mostly used format)
    dd. Now, close Settings window and restart DVDFab. I strongly recommend restarting DVDFab every time when changes in Settings are made, even if DVDFab isn't asking for it.

ee. Load your content and select mode. For sake of example, lets use "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" -> "Main Movie". When content is loaded, you will see all video titles/angles in left window and audio in your top-right window. It should show preselected track (as you set in settings) with checkmark in "Audio" column.
    Now, it's very important, if you noticed, left of the "Audio" column a very narrow column without heading. If you click there you will see a little blue triangle either shows or disappears. This is a "Default Flag". This mean that track with "Default Track" will be played by your player as default. Lets say, if "Default Flag" was set for commentary track, you player will start to play it when you click "Play" button. This might or might not be your problem.

So, please check what track you have set as default track and correct if you choose wrong one as default.
    Another possible cause, and I suspect it is your problem (I will give you 90% for it), is inability of your player to read HD audio format. And when that's happened, your player goes to the next track on a list. I.e. your disc has following tracks:
    (1) English DTS HD MA
    (2) French DTS 5.1
    (3) Spanish DTS 5.1
    (4) English AC-3 5.1
    (5) English AC-3 2ch
    If your player can't read HD MA it will go to the next one - French, and you have to learn French really really quick. If, however your movie was converted to format with one audio track - you will have no audio. If you noticed, there are a lot of complaints about it on this forum. That's why "Remove HD Audio" option is so important.

I hope my essay was helpful, and please let us know the results.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

THANKS!!! that was great. That was one of best replies i ever got. Maybe another variable in this was my Bluray media player. I was using cyberlink 9. I got TMT3 as noted in another forum threads.

Comment

Originally posted by robmeier View Post
        THANKS!!! that was great. That was one of best replies i ever got. Maybe another variable in this was my Bluray media player. I was using cyberlink 9. I got TMT3 as noted in another forum threads.
        No problem - always happy to help.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

having same problem no audio

Im having the same problem, i have been using dvdfab for years with no problems, just started with the blue rays and lots of problems, tried backing up gamer and ended up with french, trying saving pvt ryan (just trying first 2 chapters to see if it works), i followed the post above and made sure remove hd audio was checked (there is only 1 english audio option available DTS-HD Master/5.1), copy to file, when done i open the strream folder and try to plat with windows media player, i get video but no sound, am i copying something wrong, am i missing something by using media player ?

Thanks

Comment

Yeah, Media Player relies on you having the correct audio codecs installed. Try playing it with VLC (www.videolan.org) as it has all codecs contained internally and is FREE.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I do get sound with VLC thanks , now the only problemis it freezes for a second every 1-2 seconds ?

Comment

What main beta version to regular dvdto dvd

Comment

Originally posted by demj1308 View Post
                  I do get sound with VLC thanks , now the only problemis it freezes for a second every 1-2 seconds ?
                  Is this playing from your hard disk?

If so, what are your computer specs?
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by wilsonalvarez4@hotmail.co View Post
                    What main beta version to regular dvdto dvd
                    what is this post about?

Do not hijack other peoples threads!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X