This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUDA doesn't function

I changed GPU from GeForce9600GT into GTX465.
    However, CUDA did not move.
    The log is appended as follows.

DVDFab 7.0.6.9 (2010/06/06 08:10:16)

0m 00.60s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 15.42s: got bdmv
    0m 16.92s: got extended bdinfo
    2m 18.76s: compress begin: Blu-ray groups clips(00013.m2ts), playtime(17058 ms), size(8 MB)
    2m 18.79s: processing source(00013.m2ts)
    2m 18.79s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
    2m 26.22s: blu-ray full disc 504.00 0 filter(type8:id3), info = 711 1 err: 300,

3m 03.13s: compress begin: Blu-ray groups clips(00013.m2ts), playtime(17058 ms), size(8 MB)
    3m 03.14s: processing source(00013.m2ts)
    3m 03.14s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
    3m 09.79s: blu-ray full disc 504.00 0 filter(type8:id3), info = 711 1 err: 300,

It becomes a same deal even 7.0.6.7.

DVDFab 7.0.6.7 (2010/06/06 08:22:51)

0m 00.57s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 09.29s: got bdmv
    0m 09.42s: got extended bdinfo
    2m 16.75s: compress begin: Blu-ray groups clips(00013.m2ts), playtime(17058 ms), size(8 MB)
    2m 16.76s: processing source(00013.m2ts)
    2m 16.76s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
    2m 16.76s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
    2m 22.03s: filter(type8:id3), info = 711 1 err: 300, 2m 24.17s: blu-ray full disc 504.00 0 filter(type8:id3), info = 711 1 err: 300,

Please help.

Yep, DVDFab have difficulties to deal with your "top of the line" card. Try to degrade your card. Go to nVIDIA control panel and set your card as single GPU, and turn off PhysX. Please let me know how it goes.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thank you for the reply immediately.

There was no change in the result though directed "turn off PhysX" was executed.
      Moreover, GPU is used in the single it.

Because CUDA functioned normally in GeForce9600GT, it is regrettable.

Comment

Originally posted by Taro View Post
        Thank you for the reply immediately.

There was no change in the result though directed "turn off PhysX" was executed.
        Moreover, GPU is used in the single it.

Because CUDA functioned normally in GeForce9600GT, it is regrettable.
        Please don't cry yet. Devs are working on newer breed of nVIDIA cards, and soon it would be just fine. I have GTX296 on one machine and 330M on my laptop and laptop performed better, believe it or not. Another thing I have learned is that you need quad CPU. High end card requires High end CPU. Otherwise, CPU just can't handle data management properly and can run script flawlessly. As a result - video hiccups, artifacts, a/v desync, name it...
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          Please don't cry yet. Devs are working on newer breed of nVIDIA cards, and soon it would be just fine. I have GTX296 on one machine and 330M on my laptop and laptop performed better, believe it or not. Another thing I have learned is that you need quad CPU. High end card requires High end CPU. Otherwise, CPU just can't handle data management properly and can run script flawlessly. As a result - video hiccups, artifacts, a/v desync, name it...
          Thank you.
          It looks forward to correspondence.

Comment

BTW Taro,
            what CPU do you have on that machine? Is it Quad? If not, I would strongly suggest to think of one.
            sigpic

Comment

BTW Taro,
              what CPU do you have on that machine? Is it Quad? If not, I would strongly suggest to think of one.
              I am Intel(R) Core(TM)2 in CPU Quad CPU Q6600 is used.
              However, the error did not occur in GeForce9600GT by same CPU.

Comment

I am Intel(R) Core(TM)2 in CPU Quad CPU Q6600 is used.
                However, the error did not occur in GeForce9600GT by same CPU.
                That's exactly why I think you CPU isn't powerful enough to manage the data flow.... I had same issue until switch to i7, and everything is sugar coated now...
                nVIDIA 400 cards are very very powerful. If you spend a little time on their forum you will quickly realize how much CPU power CUDA process is required.... They actually suggesting double-Xeons for Fermi GPUs, and GT400 series is Fermi-based.
                sigpic

Comment

That's exactly why I think you CPU isn't powerful enough to manage the data flow.... I had same issue until switch to i7, and everything is sugar coated now...
                  nVIDIA 400 cards are very very powerful. If you spend a little time on their forum you will quickly realize how much CPU power CUDA process is required.... They actually suggesting double-Xeons for Fermi GPUs, and GT400 series is Fermi-based.
                  Even a present environment : though it is a situation in which CPU・GPU hardly uses both resources until the error occurs.
                  Will if the performance of cpu is made high specs like double-Xeons, it be the solved one?

Comment

Even a present environment : though it is a situation in which CPU・GPU hardly uses both resources until the error occurs.
                    Will if the performance of cpu is made high specs like double-Xeons, it be the solved one?
                    I'm pretty sure, higher end of i7 is sufficient. Double- Xeons is good, but overkill. Don't take me wrong, double Xeons are awesome... if you can afford it, I would say go for it, but I'm not sure if DVDFab will support double-CPU. If you seriously considering this, I would suggest to ask devs first.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure, higher end of i7 is sufficient. Double- Xeons is good, but overkill. Don't take me wrong, double Xeons are awesome... if you can afford it, I would say go for it, but I'm not sure if DVDFab will support double-CPU. If you seriously considering this, I would suggest to ask devs first.
                      I think the high rank of i7 to become in me of just the purchase of GPU because of needing the exchange of CPU, mother, and memory.
                      GTX465 after all is to say.
                      It is very regrettable.

Comment

Taro, as I said earlier, don't cry, don't panic, don't regret. You just ahead of most of us. Wait for us to catch up with you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Taro, as I said earlier, don't cry, don't panic, don't regret. You just ahead of most of us. Wait for us to catch up with you.
                          Thank you variously for the reply.
                          It is waited that you catch up.

Comment

Working...
                          X