X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Road and Sherlock Holmes

Hi,

I have run into some problems with "The Road" and "Sherlock Holmes". DVDFab does not produce any "ripped" output i.e. it just opens the disc(s) and reports process finished.

First I tried to create .ISO images of the discs. After numerous failed trail and errors with iso burning I tried to rip in exploded format and use ImgBurn afterwords manually. I then discovered that DVDFab only creates the folder structure...and exits (successfully).

When trying to burn .ISO I get Error=101 (error writing to disk!?) Preasumably because DVDFab does not pipe any actual data to the burn engine...

Using exploded format...only the folder structure gets created...

(I have tried several of the latest versions of DVDFab...)

- Log -
    VDFab 7.0.6.9 (2010/06/06 06:48:11)

0m 00.09s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 06.31s: detected blu-ray
    0m 06.42s: drive G
    0m 06.42s: volume label THE ROAD
    0m 12.60s: root 02C1A458 THE ROAD:THE ROAD:THE ROAD:THE ROAD
    0m 12.88s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
    0m 12.97s: got discinfo
    0m 13.02s: got bdmv
    0m 13.05s: got agid
    0m 13.13s: sent host cert chal
    0m 13.15s: got drive cert chal
    0m 13.19s: got drive key
    0m 13.36s: got host key signature
    0m 13.36s: verified drive signature
    0m 13.36s: verified host signature
    0m 13.41s: sent host signature and key point
    0m 13.41s: got bus key
    0m 14.05s: got volume id
    0m 14.07s: got volume id mac
    0m 14.07s: volume id is correct
    0m 14.07s: got vid
    0m 14.88s: got vuk
    0m 14.89s: got unit key 1
    0m 18.23s: got extended bdinfo

//Regards

Gabriel,
    As you aware, DVDFab doesn't burn, it uses one of the three "subcontractors". Your choice is ImgBurn and I'm with you on this. So, according to your story, DVDFab successfully created folder with your ripped content, and that's where you should leave DVDFab along. Mixing DVDFab into this will only send troubleshooting to a wrong direction.

One detail in your story I didn't quite understand. You saying: "...I then discovered that DVDFab only creates the folder structure...and exits (successfully).

When trying to burn .ISO I get Error=101..."
    If ripped your content into folder, where ISO is came from?

However, short story longer - your problem most likely associated with burner/media. I will name a few possible issues:
    (1) you burner can't handle your media properly. Solution - firmware update. You should do it regardless - just go to manufacturer's website, download latest one and install following their instructions.
    (2) your burning speed is set too high for your media. It's always good idea to set speed one step lower of nominal (on a box). You can get an assistance with that here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12
    (3) File/folder you are trying to burn is too big. You should easily verify by checking properties of this file/folder.

In any respect, if none of these solutions are work for you, you should inform us and attach full set of logs including ImgBurn log.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hi,

You misunderstood me. DVDFab does not rip anything. It finishes in 1 second i.e. immediately and reports "Process finished/completed successfully" but it has not actually extracted anything from the BD disc.

The reason that ISO burns fails is because "the subcontractors" i.e. the image burning software like ImgBurn is basically piped/feed a NULL pointer. I have used DVDFab extensivley over the years and ripped well over 500 DVDs/BDs and this behaviour is not something I have seen before. I successfully ripped/burned Avatar to an ISO just three days ago on this same rig...so I am well aware of the procedure.

When I skipped trying to ISO burn...and decided to just rip it and fix the image later I discovered this weird thing that DVDFab just creates an empty folder structure without any data. So basically DVDFab runs into some shyt directly, thinks that everything is A Ok and reports success...

(1) you burner can't handle your media properly. Solution - firmware update. You should do it regardless - just go to manufacturer's website, download latest one and install following their instructions.
      --> I am just trying to write to an ISO file on the hard-drive. I can watch the movie on the computer...

(2) your burning speed is set too high for your media. It's always good idea to set speed one step lower of nominal (on a box).
      You can get an assistance with that here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12
      --> I have done it several times before...my physical media in this case is an SSD disc.

(3) File/folder you are trying to burn is too big. You should easily verify by checking properties of this file/folder.
      --> I have ripped larger files/folder before...

**In any respect, if none of these solutions are work for you, you should inform us and attach full set of logs including ImgBurn log.
      --> ImgBurn reports that it has not been sent/given any files to work with...see my orginal problem description.

//Regards

Comment

Gabriel
        you're right, I must be misunderstood you. However, another thought - do you have by a chance DVDFab Passkey running on a background?
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hi,

I have never explicitly installed Passkey. To my knowledge it is not running in the background... :-)

Comment

I am also having problems with The Road. Using 7.0.7 and so far it has been almost 12 hours and is only 14% complete. I've ripped some others that took about 12 hours but that was with the GPU acceleration turned off. I do have Passkey loaded but disabled it after seeing the above post. Any other suggestions or does someone have the settings of a successful rip.

Comment

Working...
            X