• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hangover - Plays on PC not PS3

BD to BD full disc ISO.

ISO -> Main movie on BD disc.

Plays fine on my PC.
    Put it into my PS3, and after 10-15 mins it comes up "invalid disc". If you restart the movie and fastforward past that part, it will play for 10-15 minutes.

I've done a few dozen BDs this way and had no issue, so this seems to be something with Hangover. My PS3 firmware is up to date... Anyone know of another way I can get this movie to play?

Originally posted by Kannkor View Post
    I've done a few dozen BDs this way and had no issue, so this seems to be something with Hangover. My PS3 firmware is up to date... Anyone know of another way I can get this movie to play?
    No man, it seems to be something with a disc. The fact that you have had a steady success confirms the theory of a bad disc.... manufacturer's defect most likely. However, sad part is that there's a 1 out of 100 chances that I might be wrong, and you will have another expensive coaster. On another hand, there wasn't many complaints related to this movie, but I would recommend search forum for this title anyway to see what was wrong related to this title...
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

The Hangover is a VC1 type movie. I had to convert it to H.264 to play on my PS3.

Comment

tgod,
        I would of jump on your idea right away if Kannkor's wouldn't play at all.... Besides, according to OP there were dozens of suiccessful burns done - do you really believe out all of them he didn't come across VC-1 yet????
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          No man, it seems to be something with a disc. The fact that you have had a steady success confirms the theory of a bad disc.... manufacturer's defect most likely. However, sad part is that there's a 1 out of 100 chances that I might be wrong, and you will have another expensive coaster. On another hand, there wasn't many complaints related to this movie, but I would recommend search forum for this title anyway to see what was wrong related to this title...
          That was my exact thoughts, so I did burn it a second time, and exact same issue. Is it possible I got 2 bad discs, back to back? Sure, likely? I don't think so..

Also, it plays completely fine on my PC (playing from the disc), but I have this issue when I put the disc into the ps3.

Is there a way to tell if any of my others were VC-1? I can list a bunch of them, and if I was going to have a problem with VC-1 - Shouldn't it not play at all?

I did search before posting, but anything I could find was related to DVD. I realize it's the same movie, but BD seems to be a whole different game..

Comment

Originally posted by Kannkor View Post
            That was my exact thoughts, so I did burn it a second time, and exact same issue. Is it possible I got 2 bad discs, back to back? Sure, likely? I don't think so..

Also, it plays completely fine on my PC (playing from the disc), but I have this issue when I put the disc into the ps3.

Is there a way to tell if any of my others were VC-1? I can list a bunch of them, and if I was going to have a problem with VC-1 - Shouldn't it not play at all?

I did search before posting, but anything I could find was related to DVD. I realize it's the same movie, but BD seems to be a whole different game..
            Yes there is a way to determine which is which and we will do some research here. First of all, google, download and install two freeware utilities - BD Info and MediaInfo.
            When you done with that, scan your problematic content with it, and save the reports.
            Then, find VC-1 content out of dozens of your good burns by scanning them one by one and save reports for one or two good VC-1's.
            Post all reports here and we'll go from there. Thank you for your effort and patience.
            sigpic

Comment

Well I know for sure that VC-1 will not play on the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by tgod View Post
                Well I know for sure that VC-1 will not play on the PS3.
                To be precise, VC-1 will not play from a file or streamed. It plays fine from a BD/AVCHD disc.
                Last edited by Complication; 06-07-2010, 08:37 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

@Complication
                  Thanks man for your clarification. It helps to keep this thread focused. Appreciate that.
                  sigpic

Comment

I started to get similar issues with original Blu Ray disks played on the PS3, especially in the recent hot weather, I tried a software title also on BD and found the program freezing.

The time period between the freezing, or messages of "disk unplayable" became frequent last weekend to the extent that the PS3 was useless as a BD playback machine.

Googled it and found that a system reset would help, it did for about an hour or so then back to the same issues above - I used youtube to lookup faults like this and found that it could be a dirty laser, cleaned laser, still no luck, ordered a replacement laser mechanism (e-bay - you need to check which laser you have as there a one and two laser models - I had a single laser model, no disks played CD DVD or BD, however if you have the blue and red twin laser model if one fails the other can still be working, i.e. DVD's will work and not BD's of vice versa).

I fitted the replacement (about 20 minutes, but voids the guarantee - if it is still in warranty period) and now everything is perfect - laser mech cost £42 inc delivery - sony official repair quoted £150 for investigation - I would try on someone elses PS3 first to see if this could be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
                      I started to get similar issues with original Blu Ray disks played on the PS3, especially in the recent hot weather, I tried a software title also on BD and found the program freezing.

The time period between the freezing, or messages of "disk unplayable" became frequent last weekend to the extent that the PS3 was useless as a BD playback machine.

Googled it and found that a system reset would help, it did for about an hour or so then back to the same issues above - I used youtube to lookup faults like this and found that it could be a dirty laser, cleaned laser, still no luck, ordered a replacement laser mechanism (e-bay - you need to check which laser you have as there a one and two laser models - I had a single laser model, no disks played CD DVD or BD, however if you have the blue and red twin laser model if one fails the other can still be working, i.e. DVD's will work and not BD's of vice versa).

I fitted the replacement (about 20 minutes, but voids the guarantee - if it is still in warranty period) and now everything is perfect - laser mech cost £42 inc delivery - sony official repair quoted £150 for investigation - I would try on someone elses PS3 first to see if this could be an issue.

Bertie, thank you for your input. It's a very good idea to try it on another PS3, and Kannkor should try it. Only problem is that he(she) experienced this issue with one disc only, others are fine (it's my understanding). It's hard to imagine that his(her) PS3 laser has personal vendetta against "Hangover", but you never know what's happening in virtual video world
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                        To be precise, VC-1 will not play from a file or streamed. It plays fine from a BD/AVCHD disc.
                        I am indeed playing it from a BD Disc. I'll work on more suggestions as I have time. I have a friend who has a ps3, so I'll give them the disc to try. If I can find someone with a standalone BD player, I'll have them try it also.

Comment

Working...
                        X