This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add /remove CERTIFICATE folder in Settings

Good day, just a general question, what does it means or do "add /remove CERTIFICATE folder in Settings" ? , what's the best option to have it removed or add?

Originally posted by aretana View Post
    Good day, just a general question, what does it means or do "add /remove CERTIFICATE folder in Settings" ? , what's the best option to have it removed or add?
    This option added to DVDFab because in "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" mode, BD9/BD5 option, content output is in AVCHD format. Stand alone players taking this format better without CERTIFICATE folder, while software players likes when CERTIFICATE folder present in a root folder. So, that's why it called "Stand Alone player friendly" and "Software Player friendly", and it's for you to decide which option to choose. Couple examples for further clarification:

aa. lets say you converting your content into BD9 size for burning onto DVD DL for playing on your BD player. You choice would be a "Stand Alone player friendly"

bb. however, if your intent is to produce BD9 size content as an ISO for placing it on your network storage and stream/play it through your network using one of numerous software players, your choice should be "Software Player friendly".

I hope this explanation helps you, and I didn't miss anything.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      This option added to DVDFab because in "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" mode, BD9/BD5 option, content output is in AVCHD format. Stand alone players taking this format better without CERTIFICATE folder, while software players likes when CERTIFICATE folder present in a root folder. So, that's why it called "Stand Alone player friendly" and "Software Player friendly", and it's for you to decide which option to choose. Couple examples for further clarification:

aa. lets say you converting your content into BD9 size for burning onto DVD DL for playing on your BD player. You choice would be a "Stand Alone player friendly"

bb. however, if your intent is to produce BD9 size content as an ISO for placing it on your network storage and stream/play it through your network using one of numerous software players, your choice should be "Software Player friendly".

I hope this explanation helps you, and I didn't miss anything.
      Would you use the "software player friendly" if played back on an extreamer, or any other media player where movies are stored on a network or the internal HD.

Comment

It would depend on the individual player and the only way to verify this is try it with and without and note the results as this is a Fab forum, not a player support forum.

Or otherwise ask this question on your player's forum.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          It would depend on the individual player and the only way to verify this is try it with and without and note the results as this is a Fab forum, not a player support forum.

Or otherwise ask this question on your player's forum.
          Thanks for your remark. Considering i was asking a specific DVDfab question do not see the problem with a civil answer. i will not post nothing on here again. Bye

Comment

thank you all, now im clear

Comment

Working...
            X