This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing HD audio and Video artifacts

I get video artifacts on all BD movies when I remove the HD audio as to fit to a BD-25 disc. I've tried this with, Outlander, Chid's play and many others with DTS HD audio and always get video artifacts. If I leave the HD audio then everything is just fine. Also, when I remove the DTS HD my playstation 3 will not see or play the DTS core audio unless I change the PS to send bitstream and then it will play audio, but not with the PS3 decoding the DTS stream. I can live with this, however the video compression artifacts I can't.

I tried all different settings in dvdFab and no luck. I have Win7, Quadcore system and hard drive is defragged and can't seem to figure out what I need to do to stop the artifacts. I also wait until dvdFab anaylize the disc before I start the copy. I test the ISO first now with dvdFab virtual drive and find the artifacts are there before I burn the iso, so I stopped trying to remove the HD audio and bite the bullet and burn to BD50 to solve the problem. Any suggestions would be welcome! I hate to have to use a BD50 for so many movies that would go on a BD25 when removing the HD audio, but it won't work for me for what ever reason.
    Bill the Dog

Please go to Settings ->X to Mobile ->Convert ->set memory to "Max" in drop-down.
    Pls let me know if it works for you.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

At least removing the HD audio fixes it for you. I get the artifacting no matter what I do. I just started using Windows 7 yesterday though so I'll try removing the HD audio on Win 7 and see what happens.

Also IPopov 50 I forgot to add that I tried that a bit ago when I saw you recommend it to another poster, but it didn't make any difference. The only thing that has affected the amount of artifacting is changing the decoding A/V options. CUDA and DXVA having the most artifacting and CorveAVC & software having the least artifacting. At least for me changing the decoder option does make a difference in what's happening.
      Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 06-14-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        Please go to Settings ->X to Mobile ->Convert ->set memory to "Max" in drop-down.
        Thanks, I tried this with Outlander and it fixed the audio problem with the PS3, however I still get Video problems. Instead of artifacts I have an occasional pause, or like a frame or two of slow motion best I can describe. I could almost live with that, except if I use a BD50 disc and leave HD Audio it plays perfect. Any other suggestions welcome!
        Bill the Dog

Comment

Hi dance with dog,

We will check this issue asap.

Best Regards,
          Fengtao
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Still have the distortion in Windows 7 32-bit even if I remove HD audio. However I was experimenting with Ghostbusters after reading a post about it and I have found that if I do a Main Movie straight from the original disc the doesn't appear to be glitching, but if I make a BD-50 copy and then do the Main Movie from the BD-50 copy I get the glitching. I'm redoing it again to confirm my results. This will be a solution for main movies with out compression, but if it requires compression 9-18 hours is to long for me to want my Blu-Ray drive grinding away for Full Disc copy.

Comment

Alright I've done this 4 times to confirm and each time the same result.. When making a Main Movie BD-25 with the original disc there is no artifacting/glitching. When I make a BD-50 copy and do the Main Movie BD-25 from the BD-50 copy I get the glitching. I was willing to believe that maybe the problem was with the laser on my Blu-Ray burner or a bad disc, but I would think that if that was the case then any of the 4 BD-50 copies I made or the Main Movie BD-25 from the original disc should have shown this glitching at some point not just the BD-25's made from the BD-50 copy and not on every disc I've tried this way. The issue only seems to be with BD-50 copy to BD-25 and has happened for me on 2 different computer setup and trying 4 different OS option. The most recent Windows 7 only has Avast anti-virus, Media Player Classic , and DVDFab installed on it just to make sure it wasn't a software conflict on my other set-ups. And before you go aha it's Avast, I have Norton on 2 of the operating systems wit the same results. At this point the only thing connecting the different OS's is DVDFab and the ISO's made using DVDFab and my WH10S30. I'll see if my friend will let me use his computer or laptop to see if this happens on a 3rd and 4th completely different hardware setup.
              Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 06-15-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
                Still have the distortion in Windows 7 32-bit even if I remove HD audio. However I was experimenting with Ghostbusters after reading a post about it and I have found that if I do a Main Movie straight from the original disc the doesn't appear to be glitching, but if I make a BD-50 copy and then do the Main Movie from the BD-50 copy I get the glitching. I'm redoing it again to confirm my results. This will be a solution for main movies with out compression, but if it requires compression 9-18 hours is to long for me to want my Blu-Ray drive grinding away for Full Disc copy.
                After reading both of your replies I realized I was having same thing happen to me. After I changed settings ->X to Mobile ->Convert ->set memory to "Max"! Artifacts and sound are almost perfect. However, I was not using original disc and was ripping to hard disc first, or from a BD-50 backup which gave me the video glitches. I ripped two movies yesterday, (Legion(HD DTS Master removed) and Anger Management, Dolby T HD removed. Burned both to a BD-25. Both played perfect! For some reason the original disc must be used to make things work as they should. Ripping to ISO using the hard drive or a BD-50 backup disc will not work for me as it will cause artifacts and pauses. So, doing a backup from the original disc is the fix for me. I hope I'm not premature in my conclusion but after a few more backups I will find out for sure.
                Bill the Dog

Comment

Hi DharmaBummed69,

Do you mean "BD50 backup" as a ISO output for "Full Disc" mode?

Best Regards,
                  Fengtao
                  DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                  http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                    Hi DharmaBummed69,

Do you mean "BD50 backup" as a ISO output for "Full Disc" mode?

Best Regards,
                    Fengtao
                    I output to BD-50 size using the movie only to the hard disc as iso, then I tried to load iso and rip to another iso using movie only while removing the HD audio. This was the problem as I should have done movie only with original disc and removed the HD audio at that time. Thanks a lot for your help, think I got it working as long as I do the HD audio removal from original disc when I do the backup.
                    Bill the Dog

Comment

Thank you for your response Feng Tao. Sorry my fingers don't move as fast as I'd like them to sometimes : ) . Yes this is copying Main Movie to ISO without compression and compressing to BD-25 Full Disc ISO from a Full Disc BD-50 ISO. I don't have to remove the HD when using the original disc to get a good copy. All my attempts were with it included and they looked good. Copy from the ISO had a glitch at 3m 29s on Ghostbusters. Copy from the original did not have the glitch at 3m 29s. Watched about 10 minutes to make sure the glitching wasn't in a different spot. Sorry for not putting that up before. Using MPC frame step the glitches appear to be in the first and last frames of a 4 frame set i.e 1st frame is glitched, next 2 frame steps are fine then glitching on the 4 frame step.
                      And thanks for posting dance with dog. As bad as it sounds it's nice to know that I'm not the only one having this though I certainly wouldn't have wished it on anybody. What is your computer setup out of curiousity?
                      Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 06-16-2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
                        Thank you for your response Feng Tao. Sorry my fingers don't move as fast as I'd like them to sometimes : ) . Yes this is copying Main Movie to ISO without compression and compressing to BD-25 Full Disc ISO from a Full Disc BD-50 ISO. I don't have to remove the HD when using the original disc to get a good copy. All my attempts were with it included and they looked good. Copy from the ISO had a glitch at 3m 29s on Ghostbusters. Copy from the original did not have the glitch at 3m 29s. Watched about 10 minutes to make sure the glitching wasn't in a different spot. Sorry for not putting that up before. Using MPC frame step the glitches appear to be in the first and last frames of a 4 frame set i.e 1st frame is glitched, next 2 frame steps are fine then glitching on the 4 frame step.
                        And thanks for posting dance with dog. As bad as it sounds it's nice to know that I'm not the only one having this though I certainly wouldn't have wished it on anybody. What is your computer setup out of curiousity?
                        My setup is a HP Elite HPE-112y, it is a Phenom II X4-925 (D) 2.8 GHz, I have two Pioneer BDR-205 drives, use one for rip other for burn, and alternate the tasks for each drive. Windows 7 64 bit and Avast antivirus. I never do any BD compression, only remove HD audio if it will allow it to fit on a BD-25 as movie only. This problem we have had with the video caused me to burn more BD-50 discs than I needed, but since starting this thread, you and Feng Tao informed me what I need to do to fix this. Thanks for sharing the info!
                        Bill the Dog

Comment

Sorry if I seem like an idiot, but what are video artifacts????????

Comment

Originally posted by lebb View Post
                            Sorry if I seem like an idiot, but what are video artifacts????????
                            Here is link to see samples, they can vary from severe to very mild.

Bill the Dog

Comment

I posted earlier with a couple of screen shots attached to show what I'm talking about.

5th post down. 3 images for you to choose from.

Artifacting, glitching, corruption of the video stream, whatever you want to call it. Regardless it's a problem I'm having and using software only or removing HD audio hasn't fixed it for me, not that these should be permanant solutions, just work arounds until the problem can be tracked down

Comment

Working...
                              X