This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BluRay Full Disc

I continue to find making a personal copy of blurays very tricky. Seems like so many things can go wrong. On my last two attempts to make a full disc copy, I was unsuccessful.

I put the bluray in. I see that the disc has 30gb of data. I select the full disc, and BD25 option. That requires that the software will do some compression (right?) After encoding the entire disc, I'm prompted to put in a blank bluray. But, when I do that it says it is not a valid bluray disc. Obviously, the software is looking for a BD50 disc even though I clearly set the drop down to BD25 at the start. BD50 remain rediculously expensive.

Bluray discs that are marginally over 25gb (seems like every one is even if the disc has to have four identical copies of the movie on it to fill up the space) can be compressed onto a BD25 right?

Originally posted by sirwes View Post
    Bluray discs that are marginally over 25gb can be compressed onto a BD25 right?
    No, not right. Some content still can't be compressed, i.e. interleaved 1080i content. That's about all I can tell you without a single bit of information from you, a single clue.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

What does interleave 1080i mean, and how do I identify it? Many blurays list the main movie alone as being over 25gb. Are those simply not copiable to BD25?

What info do you need? Last disc I had this issue was Coco Before Chanel. I have copied a number of blurays with dvdfab, so I have capable hardware.

Comment

have you tried to save it as a file onto your PC first?

...try taking out the burning step...just see if DVDFab does actually compress the disc and not just an issue with your disc/disc drive?

Comment

Compression from BD50 to BD25 will go a whole lot faster with less wear & tear on your disc drive if you first copy the disc as BD50 onto your PC hard drive.

Then load that file back into dvdfab and compress to BD25.

Reading from disc and compressing at same time is slower and bad for the disc drive in the long run.

also, use Imgburn instead of VSO if possible.
          Last edited by crackinhedz; 06-13-2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I second what crackinhedz decode the BD to hard drive then reload to dvdfab and compress 50 to 25 youwill be amazed how much faster it is. Another note about the blank BD-R DL's being expensive its true. Should just go out and buy another copy of the movie. I bought a BD-R DL for $13.00 it was cheaper than buying another movie. Also another little tip purchase a BD-RE it will save you money in the long run, you wont waste BD-R's trying to get a movie compressed or burned right.
            Lancool K-56 case.
            OCZ 700watt PSU.
            MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
            AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
            ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
            16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
            OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
            WD 2TB.
            EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
            LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I was able to successfully backup that movie by decoding and compressing to my hard drive then burning. It was also much faster. Even though I use ImgBurn, I didn't realize that it would burn BluRay. I will try that on my next disc, which is The Road. I tried that title last week with no success. That title started the process and seemed to be working but when it got just 3.89% into the disc it stopped. My cpu and hard drive were running like it was working but 12 hours later it still said it was still at 3.89% into it.

Thanks again.

Comment

When you use Imgburn, make sure the file system under the options tab is set to UDF2.50

and under the Device tab, set write speed to 2x-4x ...the slower the better at not making coasters.

Comment

I'm having some issues with Bluray Full Disc I've tried compressing avatar from 50gb to 25gb and the process begins but it goes nowhere it lags it I've been able to copy Training Day with no problem also when I try doing it on main movie it lags..anyone out there have any advise?

Comment

ok here are the steps i have taken and it usally works unless ita a new protection or interlace
                    1 load dvdfab
                    2 then pick full disk in the blu-ray to blu-ray
                    3 put blu-ray movie in blu-ray drive
                    4 select target as hd eather d/e/f don't use c your system hd
                    5 hit start
                    6 remove blu-ray
                    7 reload dvdfab
                    8 now hit full disk or main movie
                    9 eather select 25gb if it a 50gib for full disk or go to main movie and eather select 25g or bd9 or what size you want it
                    10 for source go to where u saved the full bdr for target save to another folder called (name) select the icon that looks like a blue disk to make it a iso
                    11 then hit start if it full disk. if its main movie select the track that is the biggest and then just select what languge and sub title you want hit start
                    12 when done you know have a iso of the blu-ray use DVDFab Virtual Drive and mount your iso and play movie and see how it looks. If your satisfied with it then unmount it
                    13 now load image burn and pick iso to disk and burn it
                    14 now go play it in your standalone player or put it back in your computer blu-ray drive and play it
                    hope this little guide helps
                    Last edited by Darth56; 06-17-2010, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks Ill give it a shot,ill let u know if it works

Comment

Bluray Compressing

ok im trying the steps u posted but im confused when u say to save to HD d/e/f and not local c drive.The only d is my hd rewriter and i tried that and close dvdfab and reopen it it wont load file into source.I dont know but i think im screwing up

Comment

Then make a folder on your c drive and call it works usaly they dont recomend saving stuff to your main operation drive but if you have no chose then i guess you have to save to it
                          Last edited by Darth56; 06-17-2010, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Okay i tried the process like u said i went into my external HDD saved it and still when making it into ISO file it compresses very slow same if i were trying to compress from disc..is that normal?

Comment

Working...
                            X