BD media accepted in Main Movie, bad burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD media accepted in Main Movie, bad burn

Continuing my BD to BD experience, since "Full Disc" rejected the BD media (as NOT Blu-ray) I tried using DVDFab "Main Movie" mode with VSO engine.
    This time the Blu-ray media was accepted. Read from BD and compression completed successfully.

Burn started. After 0.01% completed, Task Time Elapsed 00:00:23, burn stopped with error message ("...Would you like to try again?"). BD ruined, only a few bytes written, enough to ruin the disc.

I saved the HardDisc files so they will not be deleted when exiting DVDFab, downloaded ImgBurn and used the very same files (and the next blank BD in the stack, same brand media) to create a BD using ImgBurn. The BD was created in approx 11 minutes at max speed and was verified as 100% perfect.

This, too was reported by other users. None of the postings indicated a resolution.

I wrote to Tech Support and the answer received was again very disappointing: check firmware, slow burning speed, check drive/media compatibility.

Once again, I have reported in my email that all that was checked before. Everything (writer and media) works FLAWLESSLY outside DVDFab.

Once again, if Tech Support does not even acknowledge the existence of a software bug (reported by several individuals) and instead places the blame on other factors (which CLEARLY are not causing a problem), how in the world can they fix the problem?

My computer, BD writer and BD media are all state of the art, latest, and working flawlessly.
    DVDFab has some issues that need fixing.

Yes, I could use DVDFab to write to HardDrive in step 1, then perform the conversion HardDrive to HardDrive in step 2, then finally create BD using ImgBurn in step 3.

It would be nice, however, to be able to do this in 1 move, as it is supposed to happen (and as it happens in DVD to DVD mode).

I have been a faithful (and very satisfied) user of DVDFab almsot since day 1, release 1. So I am not a basher of the best backup program around. I hope real solutions will be found and good technical support and customer service will continue.

Best wishes to all.
Working...
X