This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to copy blu-ray using blu ray to blu ray

I have a major problem. I have registered copy of blu ray to blu ray and am unable to make any copies with it. I am using Sony, Panasonic,Memorex and they all bomb when starting to write. Have windows Xp pro, 500 gb hd, Pioneer 250 burner. I can play blu ray movies and everything work fine except the burning doesn't complete. My firmware is all curent. If anyone can help me please let me know. I am running out of money making coasters. I would attach the info from my dvdfab directory but can't figure out any way to do that.
    I have done everything according to the book but I guess the program didn't read the book.

Ist off I have seen reports that the Pioneer burners are as good as they could be...I was looking at getting a Pioneer but I am now having big doubts.

2nd, I would invest in some rewritable BDs (BD-RE).
    While they are expensive initially they become cheaper the more you experiment ,if you get my drift. I have 100% success with my limited tries at burning Blurays so far.

FYI:I use an LG BD writer (BD-RE GGW-H20L) and Sony discs(25 & 50 G)

Comment

Originally posted by 2shogun View Post
      I have a major problem. I have registered copy of blu ray to blu ray and am unable to make any copies with it. I am using Sony, Panasonic,Memorex and they all bomb when starting to write. Have windows Xp pro, 500 gb hd, Pioneer 250 burner. I can play blu ray movies and everything work fine except the burning doesn't complete. My firmware is all curent. If anyone can help me please let me know. I am running out of money making coasters. I would attach the info from my dvdfab directory but can't figure out any way to do that.
      I have done everything according to the book but I guess the program didn't read the book.
      Please visit this link, follow instructions, and post your results:
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Big doubts? Why?

I have a Pioneer BDR-205BK Blu Ray Burner installed in a NexStar DX External 5.25" SATA enclosure and IT'S GREAT.

Best optical drive I have ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdog View Post
          Ist off I have seen reports that the Pioneer burners are as good as they could be...I was looking at getting a Pioneer but I am now having big doubts.

2nd, I would invest in some rewritable BDs (BD-RE).
          While they are expensive initially they become cheaper the more you experiment ,if you get my drift. I have 100% success with my limited tries at burning Blurays so far.

FYI:I use an LG BD writer (BD-RE GGW-H20L) and Sony discs(25 & 50 G)
          The Pioneer 250 is a great burner/player. I can burn on rewrite media but for some reason am unable to use DVDFAB7 to copy anything onto any brand writable discs. Weird but true.
          I can use the Pioneer to copy a rewritable disc made by DVDFAB7 using Blu-Ray disc suite with no problem.
          Something about DVDFAB7 is preventing my pioneer from copying to anything but a rewrite disc.

Comment

same here. I use IMGBURN with the Pioneer, not DVDfab (tried it once and made a coaster so I immediately stopped using fab for burning).

Comment

Originally posted by Bendit View Post
              same here. I use IMGBURN with the Pioneer, not DVDfab (tried it once and made a coaster so I immediately stopped using fab for burning).
              Bendit,
              You could not stop using DVDFab for burning, nor you could start, nor you could use DVDFab for burning at all. DVDFab DO NOT have built-in burning engine, but uses one of three "subcontractors" - independent pieces of software - VSO, ImgBurn and Nero. So, you could switch from one to another, or you could use any of them independently, as a stand-along software, but leave DVDFab along when talking about burning or burning errors.
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I thought the DVDFab "VSO Burning Engine" was, well, a BURNING engine.

It's not ?

Sorry about that then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendit View Post
                  I thought the DVDFab "VSO Burning Engine" was, well, a BURNING engine.

It's not ?

Sorry about that then.
                  What IPopov is trying to point out is that the "VSO Burning Engine" that is included in Fab is developed by VSO, not Fab and that you also have the choice of configuring Fab to use the VSO engine, ImgBurn or Nero instead if you have that software.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

thank you for clarifying.

Comment

I loaded up ImgBurn and what a diffrence!!! I can burn Blu Ray discs like they are suposed to be burned and much faster than when using the VSO burning engine. No more toaster for me at last. I would recommend anyone using DVDFAB7 to install ImgBurn and enjoy the benefits it provides. It sure solved my problem and I am a "happy camper" now.

Comment

I tried twice using Imgburn to make bluray BD25 from a DVDFAB ISO image. The disc worked fine in a PC player but wouldn't play in my LG390 standalone player.

I then used the VSO engine and the same ISO's burned fine and work in my LG390. I'm not sure if there is a setting in Imgburn that is doing it but i'm reluctant to make more coasters.

Comment

Working...
                        X