Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most reliable method for 50GB Blu-ray to 25GB Blu-ray?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
    I have to say something on this. DXVA works fine for my HD 5770 in XP Pro. I only get the choppy video using DXVA in Windows 7. I'm not sure you can fault the card when it works in fine in 1 OS and not another. I'd include the results of DXVA in Vista but DVDFab doesn't recognize DXVA for the HD 5770 in Vista. At this time DVDFab seems to concentrate more on CUDA than any ATI offering and I don't see how you can knock GPU accleration for ATI when there seems to be very little development from DVDFab for it.

Also those times for a C2D from Ipopov50 are in the ballpark of what I get with my C2D's with and without CUDA accleration.
    DharmaBummed69
    With all my respect to ATI and it's users, DVDFab have NOTHING TO DO with these parallel computing issues with ATI GPUs. And here's why.
    Both manufacturers ATI and nVIDIA providing a Develper's package to anybody for free. You can download it if you want it. Those packages contained basic architecture, concept of parallel computing, etc. , and most importantly - source code and algorithm.
    Developers of any application who wish to make their product being able to use GPU acceleration, downloading that package and incorporating in their code. Sorry, I'm trying to explain this in simple terms.
    Problem with ATI product, that's is not working (unlike CUDA). ATI scrambling to make it work, they have three different (CUDA-like) scripts - none of them work...
    DVDFab developers do not pay extra attention to CUDA, it just simply works as it intended to.... very simple.
    There is new version - CUDA 3 out there, designed for Fermi-based cards, yet it's not working in DVDFab, which tells me that developers actually do not paying much of attention, but probably focusing on something useless that doesn't work.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

You say both packages are available to developers from both AMD and Nvidia and yet DVDFab has only CUDA and no offering for AMD/ATI other than DXVA which if I understand right is Direct X Video Acceleration. That seems to me that more time has been spent Nvidia's CUDA maybe because that' the type of card the developers have. I know there is interest in ATI video acceleration. There's a thread in the Features Request with posts going back 8 months with no reply.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        Try turning off the DXVA encoding and re-encode.

There are being more and more problems reported with the ATI cards.
        Thanks, tried that and it worked ! Took 8h47 instead of 7h40 (+1h)... i'm I loosing something in terms of quality by turning the gpa acceleration off or just that extra time to compress ?

Thanks also to IPopov50 for your help !

I might consider upgrading my system in the future, but just not now.

cheers to all !

Comment

Only losing time!!!
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by benito View Post
            Thanks, tried that and it worked ! Took 8h47 instead of 7h40 (+1h)... i'm I loosing something in terms of quality by turning the gpa acceleration off or just that extra time to compress ?

Thanks also to IPopov50 for your help !

I might consider upgrading my system in the future, but just not now.

cheers to all !
            Only time. In terms of a quality, you're actually gaining by eliminating extra process.
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
            X