This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Language Ripping

I have a wierd problem. Almost always when I rip a bluray (main movie to hard disk) it rips the wrong language.

I select english and it rips another language, usually spanish or french.

I have tried Daybreakers, Book of Eli and others.

Does anybody else have this issue? I have had this issue since earlier editions of dvdfab (pre 7.0.7.0)

I dont understand... if it isnt langauge issues with perfect video quality its inconsistent frame rates and correct audio.

2.5ghz quad core
    4 GB ram
    ati 5770

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by silverwolf82587 View Post
    I have a wierd problem. Almost always when I rip a bluray (main movie to hard disk) it rips the wrong language.

I select english and it rips another language, usually spanish or french.

I have tried Daybreakers, Book of Eli and others.

Does anybody else have this issue? I have had this issue since earlier editions of dvdfab (pre 7.0.7.0)

I dont understand... if it isnt langauge issues with perfect video quality its inconsistent frame rates and correct audio.

2.5ghz quad core
    4 GB ram
    ati 5770

Thanks in advance.

If you go to settings ->Streams ->Audio what do you see in a rightmost window?
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

It is set to pre-select English.

Comment

Originally posted by silverwolf82587 View Post
        It is set to pre-select English.
        Other tracks too?
        You are not much of a talker are you? You do want to get help this year, right?

OK, here's one for you: make sure "default flag" set for the track you wanted.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hello there

I have the same problem as you. I have also pre selected english as the only language to rip. When I get to the bluray to bluray main movie mode, its only english thats selected in the audio menu. Its also marked with the little blue triangle for default mode. After rip is done, the avchd file contains all the spoken languages on the disc and it even starts with the wrong language not selected as default

I use the trial version 7.0.7.0 (08/06/2010) if that helps?

Comment

Originally posted by MUR View Post
            Hello there

I have the same problem as you. I have also pre selected english as the only language to rip. When I get to the bluray to bluray main movie mode, its only english thats selected in the audio menu. Its also marked with the little blue triangle for default mode. After rip is done, the avchd file contains all the spoken languages on the disc and it even starts with the wrong language not selected as default

I use the trial version 7.0.7.0 (08/06/2010) if that helps?
            It's possible for you and other people that are having problems with the main audio track that your playback software isn't decoding that audio track properly so it switches to the next track down, which will usually be in a different language.
            SPECS
            DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
            SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I dont think thats the problem ( if I understand you right), because after selecting english audio track it plays just fine... But problem is that the rip includes every audio track instead of only the english one... not sure I know what you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by MUR View Post
                I dont think thats the problem ( if I understand you right), because after selecting english audio track it plays just fine... But problem is that the rip includes every audio track instead of only the english one... not sure I know what you mean?
                Yeah I see what you're saying man. I misunderstood, I would try the new 7.0.7.5 beta that just came out to see if your guys problem was fixed.
                SPECS
                DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I think the problem lies in the program that you're using to play these m2ts files. When you go to rip the movie under the languages window you'll either have 'English DTS-HD Master/5.1' or 'English AC-3/5.1' usually. When ripped with the AC-3/5.1 then no matter what you play it in you'll get English like you've chosen. However if you only have the choice of DTS-HD then some programs such as WMP don't support the HD audio and chose the next best AC-3 track, which usually is French.

Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 does support HD audio tracks so there's no problems playing it through there on your PC. However if you're like me and are trying to stream these rips to your PS3 through WMP then you're in trouble. I haven't found the solution yet, but know where my problem lies.

Clicking the 'Remove HD Audio' box doesn't work because then it's just silent. And after-all, if I'm ripping my bluray movies I might want HD audio with it too otherwise it just seems futile.

Oh, and I'm using DVDfab 7.0.6.7
                  Last edited by MarcinDaDream; 06-25-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X