This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Movie Rips - which title to select

I am fairly new to DVDFAb and was hoping someone could demystify why some movies present multiple title/angle options, whilst the playtime, chapter, format and audio options are identical for each title/angle option. Is there a method behind choosing the correct title/angle option, or are they all the same.

For example, Disneys The Princess and The Frog has the following Main Movie Options:

Angle/Title Play Time Chapter Format Audio
    100 1:37:19 21 1080pAVC/MPEG-4 DTS-HD Master/5.1
    101 1:37:19 21 1080pAVC/MPEG-4 DTS-HD Master/5.1
    102 1:37:19 21 1080pAVC/MPEG-4 DTS-HD Master/5.1
    362 1:37:19 21 1080pAVC/MPEG-4 DTS-HD Master/5.1

Which is the correct angle/title to select?

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

The most accurate way is to play the disk in a stand alone player and see which title is being shown when the movie is playing. The quick and easy way is to look and see which title has the most audio languages, and pick that one. This usually will give you the correct title. Some times more than one title will have the same number of audio langaguages and at that point I don't think that it really matters which title you choose. I haven't had problems just picking one and ripping, but it is always a good idea to rip it to an ISO file so you can review the output before burning.

Comment

Originally posted by goldeneye0071 View Post

Which is the correct angle/title to select?

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers
      DVDFab will autodetect correct title/angle in 90% cases, however you can always verify correct title by using preview feature in DVDFab (that's exactly what it's for). Make sure your PathPlayer is set for "always enabled".
      When using preview, right-click on a screen to see exactly which title is playing.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

In this particular case, the different titles are used to show printed words in the movie in different languages. Like on newspapers and storefronts. DVDfab does not select the english version as default for this movie. I think it picks #4 and you probably want #1 but I'm going off memory.

It's also I bit harder to verify because this title takes forever to scan and also repeats itself in the preview window ad nauseum right before the opening title screen which is where you'd need to verify it. So it's probably faster just to rip a title and see if it's correct playing on your pc.

My kids don't mind the italian version, they don't read quite yet. :-)

Comment

I've had this with Disney movies like up and toystory. When watching the backup the print in the background might be in French sometimes. Actually not many people even notice so I don't really care. Its actually kind of neat sometimes!

Comment

Working...
          X