This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray compression CPU question

I was just wondering if a CPU's L2 cache and inclusion of SSE 4.1 makes any difference in re-encoding for BD-25 compression and if so how important is it?

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
    I was just wondering if a CPU's L2 cache and inclusion of SSE 4.1 makes any difference in re-encoding for BD-25 compression and if so how important is it?
    I'm not sure why are you asking about BD25 compression particularly, because it makes no difference for CPU what kind of compression you choose. What CPU does is crunching numbers according to algorithm, following the script. If you using GPU acceleration, role of CPU changes a bit because at that point CPU also manages data flow in parallel computing environment.
    Anyway, size of L2 does plays significant role in process speed. It's sort of like pantry on your kitchen, than bigger pantry you have, than less trips you have to make to a storage. As a result, faster process speed.
    SSE 4.1 is a tool to optimize CPU utilization in 64 bit environment. You can't really do anything with it. It's a source code that have to be incorporated into a program you running (DVDFab in this case) by developers. In other words, it makes program 64 bit. Since DVDFab works in 64 bit environment just fine, I assume it's in there.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
    X