This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD+ Internet connection speed

While trying to fix a problem with read/write errors I have been getting, I have ripped the same disk multiple times and the proccessing speed is different each time I do it. I understand that background systems on my machine will slow it down, but stopping those systems doesn't seem to change the speed.

Does this have to do with the internet speed or the hosting of the BD decrytion on a server? As an example right now I am ripping the Imaginarium of Dr Parnasus, and it is proccessing it a 1.23 MB/s but when I did it last night at about 6:00pm EST it did it at 18.5 MB/s.

A speed difference like that means you were using compression one time, 1.23M and no compression at 18.5M. Sounds like you had some settings change on you.

Comment

It would have nothing to do with the internet speed as the info needs to be grabbed only once.

If you have not changed any settings between the two tests, it would indicate to me that there is something really funny going on with either your hardware or this particular disk.

Continual read errors such as you are encountering are usually indicative of a bad pressing.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
      X