X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced subtitles option for "Main Movie"

Hello,

In the FAQs for "BD to BD", Question #10 and in release notes for v7.0.6.2. It says that forced subtitles are supported for the "main movie" mode to show subtitles for example, when only foreign language is spoken.

Where is this feature? I cannot find anything to set for it. I know there is something in the BD to Mobile for this.

If the option is not there, then why is it listed in the release notes as well as in the FAQ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Have you tried to rip a Blu-ray main movie that has forced subtitles to your hard drive to actually see if they are present. A movie to test with would be Avatar or if you have a movie that has them give it a try to find out if it works. I personally have not tried as I not sure if the Blu-rays I have even have forced subtitles

Comment

For "Blu-ray to Blu-ray", the forced subtitle support is done automatically.

User just need select preferred subtitle, and don't enable the "arrow" on left of subtitle, then player will only play the forced subtitle by default. User can switch to full subtitle with remote.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

hi fengtao
        i would have an option only to have force subtitle(no other subtitle in same language)

for example
        i select "main movie" with one prefered language and no subtitle, but when the film has force subtitle this should be also copied.
        in other words, i want only force subtitle.
        so is this possible ?
        thanks, proper88

Comment

Yes, exactly! An option to only have forced subtitles, similar to the "BD to Mobile" module. Since it already exists in the other module I would think it would not be hard to have it in "BD to BD" too.

Thanks.

Comment

To be honest, why bother?

The "Forced Subtitles" are contained in one of the subtitle streams and play automatically.

The subtitle stream takes up very little disk space at all, so why the need?
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

To be honest, because not all devices play forced subtitles properly. Seems to be a common issue with quite a few media players. No matter if an iso or folder or single m2ts file, if you want the forced subtitles you need to turn on and see 'all' the subtitles.

So, it simply sounds like a nice "one-click" feature to have that would solve many peoples problems.

Comment

as Babblephish said for example my WD media player does not support force subtitle.
                So the only way to show them is to activate "Subtitle on by default".
                Now i have the problem if a film has no force subtitle but other subtitles, the other subtitles will be shown by default and you have them manually switch off.
                proper88

Comment

Why not use BR to Mobile then to MKV? Then you can actually render in the forced subtitles.

You guys can't honestly expect Fab to waste time on a fix that is your players compatibility problem?
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

So let me make sure I'm getting this right. It's a waste of time for DVDFab to have compatiblity on all players. Great to see this attitude from the program I spent $100+ on. I think if I hadn't already purchased the program I'd be wary of doing so if it's crap shoot on what player the discs will work on, there is no list of compatible players, and an attitude of(from at least 1 mod) who cares it works for us so blow off(not in those exact words).
                    Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 06-25-2010, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
                      So let me make sure I'm getting this right. It's a waste of time for DVDFab to have compatiblity on all players. Great to see this attitude from the program I spent $100+ on. I think if I hadn't already purchased the program I'd be wary of doing so if it's crap shoot on what player the discs will work on, there is no list of compatible players, and an attitude of(from at least 1 mod) who cares it works for us so blow off(not in those exact words).
                      You have got things wrong here...

The player we are talking about is a "MEDIA" player, not a BR Player and this discussion is about their inability to play an BR ISO correctly.

You just have to have a look at the WD Forums.

Comment

I realize it's media player and this would affect the Blu-Ray to Mobile option, but it's still troublesome to see it termed "a waste of time". If I had a dime everytime I've seen a problem termed as not being DVDFab and then seeing a fixed beta sometime down the road I'd have been paid back the money I spent on DVDFab. From the time I've spent reading the forums the only time a poster doesn't get some sort of attitude from the mods is when the poster is another mod. I've never seen any mods respond to other mods posts in the manor I've seen them respond to regular users.

Comment

I realize it's media player and this would affect the Blu-Ray to Mobile option, but it's still troublesome to see it termed "a waste of time". If I had a dime every time I've seen a problem termed as not being DVDFab and then seeing a fixed beta sometime down the road I'd have been paid back the money I spent on DVDFab. From the time I've spent reading the forums the only time a poster doesn't get some sort of attitude from the mods is when the poster is another mod. I've never seen any mods respond to other mods posts in the manor I've seen them respond to regular users.
                          OK lets start off with the WD player as it has issues playing certain types of media as you can read about that on the WD forum as a lot of members there are complaining about that. I do not have the WD player yet but do plan on getting one when I have the extra cash for it but having 5 month old twins that are overseas with their mom at the moment is not cheap.

Now if you find a post from a mod or other member being out of line then use the report a post icon which is at the top right of the post and is in a triangle with a ! as that is what it there for. This way an admin can look into it as other moderators can not do anything about that. Now from what fengtao said the forced sub-picture is rendered into the video automatically as long as you remove the check mark from the sub-titles. I have not tested this as I not have the WD player or any other player except for Xbox 360 and PSP.

Your last post I will let slide but let's try and be more courteous toward others here even if they not toward you. Now the developers say the forced subs are fixed and work so have you tried to see if they work using something like WMP. WMC, PowerDVD, Nero or other softplayer for computer. If it works for them then it should work for the WD player but if it not work on the WD player then you need to start a thread on their forum and get them to release a firmware update to address the issue.

Comment

Point taken. My apologies to any who were wrongly included in my blanket statement. Thanks for the info AGJ.

Comment

Point taken. My apologies to any who were wrongly included in my blanket statement. Thanks for the info AGJ.
                              Your welcome and hopefully the WD player gets everything working like it should and this forced subs is figured out.

Comment

Working...
                              X