X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't play 5.1 English after Rip

Folks,
    I am trying to copy Avatar onto my NAS (Main Movie) and play the movie through my PS3 but I have something going wrong because I only have 2 channel Dolby. All the other languages are there in 5.1 (the video and audio reproduction are perfect, no skips) and even the English with narration but just the main English channel with 5.1 illudes me. It's there when I play the original disc on the PS3, but every copy I try to run through my NAS fails to show up with the normal 5.1 channel English track.

I have the RED_BIRD_2D_WW version, I have tried removing all audio tracks but the DTS, tried remove HD Audio, removed all audio tracks (no audio was produced), tried different formats like MP4 and AVI (not supported by my PS3). Still no dice. All my DVD rips (in VOB format) run fine and do produce 5.1 channel audio. I have changed encoding engines, slow to fast speed, and right now I'm trying to compress the video to see if that has some effect. I have also copied the entire disk, still nothing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Joe

Hijack post moved to new thread.

Comment

Remove HD Audio in DVDFab simply converts the track to DTS. The PS3 will not play DTS or HD audio from a file or streamed (only from disc). This is not a technological issue. Sony did this on purpose (along with VC-1).

You would need something that converts the DTS or HD to simple AC3 5.1. You might try MKV output in DVDFab and then use a free program called mkv2vob to make a compatible file. However, discussion of the actual use of mkv2vob (or other programs) would need to be taken to a non-DVDFab forum.

Comment

Duplicate hijack on another thread deleted.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I certainly did not intend to put this into the wrong thread.

I do have a MKV version and will pursue the mkv2vob. I've seen it on another forum.

Thanks again,
          -Joe

Comment

Working...
          X