This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray subtitles questions

Okay, I downloaded the Bluray to Bluray option, and using Ironman 1 I ripped it successfully to my hard drive as a BD9 720p file. I clicked on all of the English subtitle options. I use Media Player Classic to replay on my pc (XP P4 3.19GHz w/2GB ram) and it plays fine but no subtitile. I see four choices on the subtitle option but none of them show subtitles.

Now MPC reads the m2ts file, so maybe I need to do an extra step in order to see subtitle because I'm a real newbie at this? I'm also considering purchasing this but if the bluray to mobile puts the subtitle into a single mkv file and retains quality, I might get that instea. But again, I don't rally know which version is better, bluray to bluray or bluray to mobile.

My ultimate is to rip my movie to my hard drive in a DVD9 sized file, that can be either played by MPC or via my Brite View 5005 media player thats connect via powerline ethernet. The brite view can read both formats.

Victor

Post moved to its own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by victor-eyd View Post
      But again, I don't rally know which version is better, bluray to bluray or bluray to mobile.

Victor
      victor-eyd
      I hope it will help you to make your decision if I say that for "Blu-ray to Mobile" option you MUST have "Blu-ray to Blu-ray".
      "Blu-ray to Mobile" is add-on and would not work without "Blu-ray to Blu-ray".

"Blu-ray to Blu-ray" however, can be purchased and used as stand-along module.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I will try to re-rip Ironman again and see if the problem comes back. I like the Blu ray to bluray feature,since my pc is so slow that if i use many of the freeware stuff oyou can get right now, they are so cpu intensive that it practically cripples my pc for over two days until it finally shrinks to the size I want.

So if I re-rip successfully (and it should), should I stil use MPC to read the file directly, or should I use another program to read the BD9 file and would get me subtitles?

And the reason I need subtitles is because members of my family have partial hearing loss, so it is necessary, if that's of any help.

Victor

Comment

I will try to re-rip Ironman again and see if the problem comes back. I like the Blu ray to bluray feature,since my pc is so slow that if i use many of the freeware stuff oyou can get right now, they are so cpu intensive that it practically cripples my pc for over two days until it finally shrinks to the size I want.

So if I re-rip successfully (and it should), should I stil use MPC to read the file directly, or should I use another program to read the BD9 file and would get me subtitles?

And the reason I need subtitles is because members of my family have partial hearing loss, so it is necessary, if that's of any help.

Victor
          MPC should be able to play it without any problems
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Here is another issue- Toy Story 2. I again chose BD9 720p, kept only the HD audio, and chose one of the three movie options on the disc (I don't know why there are three versions) but once it was ripped, I noticed that when I went to playback I got multiple m2ts file instead of one file like Ironman. Did I do something wrong or is there another program that combines all of these files into one seamless file?

Victor

Comment

I'm surprised you're able to play blu rays on a single-core pentium 4(at least i think its single-core). Do you have a higher-end graphics card? Because DVDFab is also pretty cpu-intensive. Anything that is able to shrink blu rays is going to be, unless you're using graphics acceleration.
              SPECS
              DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
              SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

The only problem with playing back blu ray is that the size of the file is just a little too much for my pc to play. It will play, but only at 3/4 speed. That is why I compress it down to BD9-sized file. At that size, it is no problem for either MPC to play it or my Briteview media player to read it with no loss in playback.

But right now I have a problem in that it breaks up the original file into multiple m2ts files, which I don't want.

Victor

Comment

Usually Fab does this when that is the way the original disk is authored. It maintains the structure the way it was.

Explore the original disk and I would bet that you find that.

Really, I would suggest that you seriously look at the Mobile MLV option.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks Gregiboy for the response.

Right now I'm trying the ISO option on bluray to bluray. I was told that it would still get me a single file instead of multiple files to play and I am still able to reduce it down to BD9 size. If not, I think your are suggesting the bluray to mobile option, ie convert to mkv or similar.

Victor
                    Victor

Comment

Thanks Gregiboy for the response.

Right now I'm trying the ISO option on bluray to bluray. I was told that it would still get me a single file instead of multiple files to play and I am still able to reduce it down to BD9 size. If not, I think your are suggesting the bluray to mobile option, ie convert to mkv or similar.

Victor
                      Victor
                      The reason that original blu rays are hard to play but seem to play better after you compress them doesn't really have to do with the size of it but the bitrate that is being used. When you shrink it you have to reduce the bitrate which I'm guessing makes it easier for your comp to play.

And yes GregiBoy is talking about the blu ray to mobile MKV option.
                      SPECS
                      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Alright, I'm cheking into the bluray to mkv option now but the fixed file size is locked. Is there another way to access this feature or only if I pay for it?

Victor

Comment

Working...
                        X