This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akira Full Disc BD-25 low bitrate re-encode

Just tried compressing Akira from Full Disc BD-50 to Full Disc BD-25. Encoding at 3209kbps. Plays between about 1.5-5 Mbps. Original plays about 22-25Mbps. Posting internal log. Also had a new problem with the Akira BD-50 and DVDFab Virtual drive but will post that in appropriate area.
    Attached Files

Hi DharmaBummed69,

We will check this issue asap, thanks for your report.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thank you. I'll also do a software only to see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Hi DharmaBummed69,

The disc contains two TRUE-HD and one PCM audio streams, which need a lot of space, please try "Remove HD Audio" to see the result.

Best Regards,
        Fengtao
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I'll give it a try although With HD audio the indicator says 59% quality.

Wow I didn't realize the LPCM track took up so much space.(I'm guessing it's the LPCM track since it has the hightest bitrate) 100% quality after 7% scanned with HD audio removed. Usually removing HD audio only nets me a 5% difference in quality so I don't bother. LPCM must be a space intensive audio format. I'm guessing that's the HD audio as it has the highest bitrate (1535 Kbps)and the other tracks are labeled AC3 2.0(192 Kbps), AC3 5.1, and Dolby Digital 5.1(both 640 Kbps). Double wow. Around 16GB just for the audio. Down to 22GB from 38GB at 50% scan. That's insane. Almost a BD-25's worth just for audio. I'm definetely going to keep my eye out for what audio format a disc comes with in the future. Most TrueHD and HD DTS content usually takes up 1/3 of that for audio for the discs I've had. Thanks for your time on this Feng Tao. I didn't even know audio could take up that much space. After it finishes up I'll report back the result.

I a bit curious though. With that large of an audio file why didn't the indicator say 30% quality as it seems that about what quality I got bitrate wise? It seems like DVDFab didn't factor in the space for audio when give the disc quality %. I'd swear the bitrate I got was closer to BD9/5 quality. Not that it looked bad or anything I'm just used to a reduced bitrate of around 13000-15000 Kbps for BD-25 compression.

Note: Finished scanning start size was 38.600GB. Without HD audio 22.461GB. Dats a big difference. Also unchecking then rechecking remove HD audio resets HD audio removed and I have to rechoose the ISO before it will rescan and give me the HD audio removed size again.

LPCM bad. Very bad. No liking LPCM.
          Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 06-29-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

The movie backed up quickly as without the HD audio it was a straight copy.
            A few questions. Which were the the TrueHD as they aren't labeled as such on PowerDVD info tab. I'm guessing it must be the AC3 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 but I'm used to seeing the bitrate on TrueHD and DTS HD tracks that's on the LPCM 2.0 track. I'm also going on the basis that as far as I know most things labeled 2.0 are usually a stereo track(i.e. LPCM 2.0 AC3 2.0, Dolby Digital 2.0=2 channel).

That being said after what tracks were affected, what are the changes to the audio track as in what are they playing now opposed to what the original audio was before removing HD audio?

Comment

Working...
            X