Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Disc BD-50 to Full Disc BD-25 The Music Man not playing video stream sometimes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Disc BD-50 to Full Disc BD-25 The Music Man not playing video stream sometimes

On both PowerDVD10 and on my PS3 the video stream doesn't play sometimes. Can hear the sound but where the video bitrate shows in info panel is blank on PowerDVD 10 and has a line - on PS3. Skipping to next or previous scene brings back video. Also on PS3 if I pause the movie and rewind the picture remains on the original pause point and won't resume when play is pushes. Like the no video skipping to the next or previous chapter starts the video stream again.

Logs posted. Ignore the first part of the dvdfab_burn_vso as I forgot to save it as an ISO when I started.
    Attached Files

Hi DharmaBummed69
    Pulled from your burn log I 05:00:34 Average Write Rate: 28,550 KB/s (6.4x) - Maximum Write Rate: 77,898 KB/s (17.3x)
    Are you burning to disc? If this is correct I would suggest slowing down your burn speed
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Only physical disc I've written to is BD-RE at 2.4x. The speed you posted is when it's in ISO creation. ImgBurn doesn't leave a log when it's used seperately from Fab that I can find otherwise I'd post it. The only thing that seems to affect that speed is what hard drive it writes to. USB gets about 3.5x . SATA gets 7.5-10x averaging about 8x. I haven't been able to find how to slow down the speed in ImgBurn for ISO creation. This is the first disc I've had this with. I'm thinking it might be because it has a small amount of 480i content as did Akira that I also had a problem with(low bit rate). Akira had 2 chapters of 10 seconds each at 480i and The Music Man has a 22 minute featurette and few chapters less than a minute in 480i. Both Alice in Wonderland and Pirate Radio came out fine but only have 1080p and no interlaced content. The amounts were so small I didn't think it would make a difference unlike Baraka which has a 1h 15 featurette in 1080i and gave me the interleaved content not supported at this time error. American Werewolf in London also gave me a low bit rate but it has a chapter in 480i the same length in time as the movie in 1080p and I figured it was adjusting around the content it can't compress.
      Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 06-28-2010, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
        On both PowerDVD10 and on my PS3 the video stream doesn't play sometimes. Can hear the sound but where the video bitrate shows in info panel is blank on PowerDVD 10 and has a line - on PS3. Skipping to next or previous scene brings back video. Also on PS3 if I pause the movie and rewind the picture remains on the original pause point and won't resume when play is pushes. Like the no video skipping to the next or previous chapter starts the video stream again.

Logs posted. Ignore the first part of the dvdfab_burn_vso as I forgot to save it as an ISO when I started.
        It sounds like bitrate of your content you're trying to stream is quite high. Players that you're using aren't best solution for the stream. However, please try Media Player Classic and see if it helps. MPC have really good codecs with DXVA acceleration, and it's free:

If your system is 64 bit, there's x64 version of it
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Doesn't happen with the BD-50 back up on PowerDVD nor the original disc in PowerDVD or PS3.

Comment

Tried running the .m2ts through MPC and when I try to jump forward or drag the cursur forward into the film MPC stops responding and I have to close it out which brings up the program not responding message/menu. The bit rate current is usually much lower than the average.

Comment

See there is a new beta. I'll give it try and post back the results.

Comment

Working...
              X