This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

backing up Bluray to 25gb with AACS

I have been trying to backup a blu ray disc, star trek TOS season 1 disk 1 and include the AACS file structure, I have not been able to get this folder copied no matter what I tried.

can you please make some suggestions,
    \
    thanks

If you need help then post all the log files located in Documents-DVDFab-Logs also read what is listed below and post all info mentioned to your next post reply to this thread

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

AACS folder is not need in backup, it's the protection!

So as BDSVM folder, it's BD+ protection.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Fengtao,
        I understand that the AACS folder is not needed in the backup, however, when I backup the star trek TOS discs season 1 or 2, without the aacs folder to a memorex 4x bd25g disc (version 1.2 format) they do not play in my player but they work on my computer. If I burn them to a 6x disc (version 1.3 format) they work on both.

I then noticed that the AACS folder wasn't there on the backup, I burned a copy of disc 1 to the memorex 4x disc and included the AACS folder, this disc did not work on my computer, however it did work on my player.

I decided to try to backup the disc with the AACS folder as part of the backup, I unchecked the box in the settings that said "Remove AACS protection" even when this is unchecked the AACS folder is not backed up.

Lowell

Comment

Give the latest Beta release a try for this. Link to that is below. Also still waiting for those logs that was asked for

Comment

"Remove AACS protection" doesn't mean "remove AACS folder", it means decrypting m2ts files which are encrypted with AACS.

Please tell us your player's model, thanks.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Fengtao, I have a panasonic dmp-bd60 it supports bd-live. and thanks for the clarification about the aacs folder. althought it is still interesting that adding the folder and contents allows my player to recognize that it is a valid bluray and will read it.

Comment

AGJ,
                I did not post any logs because there were no errors. I also saw the new beta and tried it. I created a new thread due to a process error that occurred immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by pilot57 View Post
                  Fengtao, I have a panasonic dmp-bd60 it supports bd-live. and thanks for the clarification about the aacs folder. althought it is still interesting that adding the folder and contents allows my player to recognize that it is a valid bluray and will read it.
                  fengtao,

any thoughts on this issue?

Lowell

Comment

aacs folder required for 4x bd-25 to work in player

Fengtao,

any idea what this problem might be?

Lowell

Comment

I was going to start a seperate post but after re-reading this after the OP's latest post I think it's the same problem. I tested my Alice in Wonderland on my parents standalone BD player to test if it works and it won't play showing the message Can't Read Disc Unknown format or some such and it is a Panasonic DMP BD-60 like the OP's. Burned to BD-RE ar 2.4x speed. Player supports BD-R and BD-RE but won't play BD-25 Full Disc back up. I'll try some other BD-25 Full Disc back-up but I think it a compatiblity problem with the DMP BD-60 and BD-25 Full Disc. Unfortunately I don't have any BD-RE 50GB to try and see if it's just compressed discs. Disc plays on LG WH30LS10 with PowerDVD10 and on PS3.
                      Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 07-06-2010, 01:14 PM.

Comment

DharmaBummed69,
                        also try when you create the backup on your harddrive as a folder, copy the AACS folder from the original disc into the back up and then burn it. I did that and it works.
                        but it won't play on my computer then.

it has to be some small setting not being written properly to the 4x disc's

Comment

Well the BD-RE I use is a 2.4x max and the 1st BD-R I used was 4x so I don't think it has to do with how fast it's burned. It's great you got it to work but I'm not sure I want to have to make multiple discs for different players.

Comment

After doing some Google research I found that it's stated that a SD card needs to be inserted for some BD-Live content. It was also stated that sometimes when a Blu-Ray needs to save data to the player that a USB card must be inserted as there is no on board storage and that some discs will not play if they can't offload the files to the player. I will try this tomorrow and see if having a SD card inserted makes any difference.

Comment

DharmaBummed69, it was not the speed of burning that I found but the fact that the 4x discs were version 1.2 of bluray standard while the 6x disc was version 1.3, also I have used a BD-RE disc as well speed 2X this format 2.1 is the same level as 1.3.

the SD card sounds promising, let me know if it works.

Comment

Working...
                              X