X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Removing Region Protection

Hi There,

I have bought some region A BR's (I am Region B) and when I rip them (specifically Shinobi) the region is still A on my burns and therefore wont play on my Stand alone player. I have checked and Remove RC is checked and I selected region A for the disk. Am I doing something wrong or is this a minor Bug.

I havent yet tried the betas as I am very happy with v7.0.7.0 as it is very stable.. but none of the betas after v7.0.7.0 say fixed RC removal.

Thanks in Advance.

Mick

OK so you have it set up like I have in my screen capture that I attached

Also there is no remove RC bug
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes I have it Exactly as you hadshown in your PNG file..

I fist made the mistake of having Region B in the disk list (as most of my movies are region B I had that as the default) I burned my disk and it still had Reg. A protect on the disk then I realised that I need to select the disk region so I selected Reg A as the disk (selected as my current default) and I have created a new image file of Shinobi region A that when I play it using daemon tools WinDVD comes up with a black screen saying REGION A DISK cannot be played on REGION B Player) and I get no further.

My next step is to try passkey and see if that works for me.

Thanks for your time.

Mick

Comment

Ok, My apologies all for wasting your time I have solved my `problem'

It appears that when I first ripped the movie (with region B as the disk RC instead of A),whilst it would not play on my player (it detected REG A disk still) I used that disk as my second rip (with Region A set) and it did not clear the region... I reverted back to the original disk and with Region A set the RC was successfully removed..

It seems that the wrong disk region setting must do a partial remove but not complete so that any subsequent rip from that disk will not properly be recognised as a correct Region A and therefore not get removed.

Sorry for wasting everyones time and I am now happy again

Regards,

Mick

Comment

glad you got it figured out and thanks for posting back to let us know

Comment

Working...
          X