dvdfab 7.0.7.0 crashing after purchasing lifetime license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab 7.0.7.0 crashing after purchasing lifetime license

I have been using 7.0.7.0 trial version (blu ray to bluray) for a couple weeks without any problems, decided to purchase lifetime license, received registration key and successfully activated, then problems started right away, 7.0.7.0 started to get really sluggish, took longer to open and would freeze during analysis and crash, installed 7.0.7.8 beta, same problems. Need some guidance asap, thank u.

Give the link below a try

DVDFab Registration Key Problems?

Comment

tried the link, followed the instructions, same problem. Blu to blu option shows never expire, I'm assuming registration key is valid, freezes during reading of disc.

Comment

Well with DVDFab being sluggish, and taking longer to open and also freeze during analysis and crash would have to be something with your computer and not DVDFab. I would download CCleaner it free and run that to clean your computer by removing everything it finds. Then I would as well open DVDFab and click default settings and then see if anything has changed

Comment

did ccleaner, same problems, just don't understand why trial version worked flawlessly and paid version so problematic, using amd phenom II x4 810 8gb ram nvidia 8300 win7 64bit 2 lg bd-lh10ls30(1 int./1ext.), same hardware used with trial version, never had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by armada10 View Post
            did ccleaner, same problems, just don't understand why trial version worked flawlessly and paid version so problematic, using amd phenom II x4 810 8gb ram nvidia 8300 win7 64bit 2 lg bd-lh10ls30(1 int./1ext.), same hardware used with trial version, never had any problems.
            The paid and free version is the same program nothing different except the paid is registered. Now then I would read what is listed below and post all info mentioned in your next post reply to this thread. Without the info we do not know what is happening if it is a DVDFab problem

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…â€). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
            If this happens with all discs or just one
            Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
            If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
            If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
            If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

dvdfab_process
              19:59:16: You are going to try "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" option.
              19:59:16: Analyzing started
              19:59:16: Analyzing completed successfully
              19:59:16: Copy process started
              20:15:00: Copy 00001.m2ts failed
              20:15:00: Task_1 failed! Error=102

dvdfab_burn_iso
              2010-07-04 15:04:39 ---- ******************** Log session stop 04-Jul 15:04:39.547 PID 1664********************
              2010-07-04 15:02:13 Info Current Drive selected : 2:0:0 - HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 [E] (Scsi)
              2010-07-04 15:02:13 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
              2010-07-04 15:02:13 Info System default language : English (United States)
              2010-07-04 15:02:13 Info User default language : English (United States)
              2010-07-04 15:02:13 Info DLL Version : 4.0.7.466
              2010-07-04 15:02:13 Info DLL : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 7\vso_hwe.dll
              2010-07-04 15:02:13 Info Version : 7, 0, 7, 8
              2010-07-04 15:02:13 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 7\DVDFab.exe
              2010-07-04 15:02:13 Info OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Build 7600)
              2010-07-04 15:02:13 ---- ******************** Log session start 04-Jul 15:02:13.416 PID 1664********************

dvdfab_internal
              DVDFab 7.0.7.8 (2010/07/04 15:08:22)

0m 14.68s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
              0m 41.02s: detected blu-ray
              0m 43.44s: drive E
              0m 43.44s: volume label CROUCHING_TIGER
              0m 43.50s: detected blu-ray
              0m 43.50s: drive E
              0m 43.50s: volume label CROUCHING_TIGER
              0m 45.50s: root 8CBA2C430B4C0C41_VOLUME_SET_ID:CROUCHING_TIGER:CRO UCHING_TIGER:CROUCHING_TIGER
              0m 46.27s: bdav 0 aacs 1 bd+ 0
              0m 47.40s: got discinfo
              0m 47.51s: got bdmv
              0m 47.53s: got agid
              0m 47.54s: sent host cert chal
              0m 47.54s: got drive cert chal
              0m 47.58s: got drive key
              0m 47.58s: got host key signature
              0m 47.58s: verified drive signature
              0m 47.59s: verified host signature
              0m 47.62s: sent host signature and key point
              0m 47.62s: got bus key
              0m 47.62s: got volume id
              0m 47.62s: got volume id mac
              0m 47.62s: volume id is correct
              0m 47.62s: got vid
              0m 57.81s: got vuk
              0m 57.87s: got unit key 4
              1m 03.08s: got extended bdinfo

Comment

20:15:00: Task_1 failed! Error=102
                try cleaning the Blu-ray and if that does not work check and make sure it has no scratches. as you are getting a read error

Comment

Tried 3 different discs, same problem, main movie only, when scanning gets to about 65-70% then freezes, not responding on task manager and just stays there, also when using trial version, software very responsive, able to click on options quickly, also on paid version, the options on the left side(full movie, main movie, etc... are missing at certain times when analyzing.

Comment

Hi armada10:
                    Would you please give our more info:
                    1. Which BD-rom device you using?
                    2. Which BD Disc you tried?
                    3. Whether you set the common settings in default?

And I think you have installed the Passkey, if not. Do it.
                    Waiting for your details.

Comment

Tried 3 different discs, same problem, main movie only, when scanning gets to about 65-70% then freezes, not responding on task manager and just stays there, also when using trial version, software very responsive, able to click on options quickly, also on paid version, the options on the left side(full movie, main movie, etc... are missing at certain times when analyzing.
                      Try going into DVDFab Common settings DVD/ Blu-ray-Read and towards the bottom for Blu-ray: File Reading Mode change that from Internal to Windows File System to see if that helps. I believe I had a read error and changed that and it worked on the BD I was trying

Comment

Originally posted by 1st!_Blood% View Post
                        Hi armada10:
                        Would you please give our more info:
                        1. Which BD-rom device you using?
                        2. Which BD Disc you tried?
                        3. Whether you set the common settings in default?

And I think you have installed the Passkey, if not. Do it.
                        Waiting for your details.
                        I'm using 2 lg bd-lh10ls30, 1 internal & 1 external. Tried to rip Baraka, Heat and Crouching Tiger. All settings are default. When I was using the trial version, didn't install Passkey and it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                          Try going into DVDFab Common settings DVD/ Blu-ray-Read and towards the bottom for Blu-ray: File Reading Mode change that from Internal to Windows File System to see if that helps. I believe I had a read error and changed that and it worked on the BD I was trying
                          tried it, no change, locks up at about 72% analyzing.

Comment

Try the latest build please.

Last edited by Guest; 10-11-2010, 02:43 PM. Reason: add link to latest build

Comment

Working...
                            X